- Table View
- List View
At Christmas, our hearts are touched by reports of wondrous occurrences that make us stop, reflect, and hope. This luminous book shares true accounts of Christmas miracles-- inspiring events that happened to real people at Christmas time, including: A Christmas Mystery: A deaf boy's generosity is miraculously rewarded First Christmas: Newlyweds take part in the local Christmas pageant -- and receive a surprising lesson in timeless love My Christmas Angel: A pro baseball player visits a children's ward to cheer the patients, and is himself transformed A Heart for Christmas: A series of coincidences brings new life to a little girl The Stranger: A gentle, mysterious Christmas Eve visitor awes a family Christmas Saved My Mother: A rabbi tells how his mother, fleeing the Holocaust, was spared on Christmas Eve George Misses a Shift: Sudden car trouble on Christmas night saves a couple's life... and more. Albert Einstein said, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." If you believe in miracles -- or want to -- let Christmas Miracles light the candle of hope in your heart this year.
This treasury of all-new true miracle stories from the bestselling authors of Christmas Miracles, The Magic of Christmas Miracles, and Mothers' Miracles offers the real-life wonder their readers have come to love. Some highlights: A disk jockey's selection of music has an astounding unintended effect a comatose Polish woman begins to softly sing along with a song from her childhood. While body surfing, a man is slammed by a wave and hears his neck snap. Unable to move, he begins to swallow water to hasten death. Instead, he feels himself lifted from the water, gliding safely to shore. A school janitor befriends a student, only to learn that she is the daughter of his long-lost son and his very own granddaughter. A Gift of Miracles, like its predecessors, will remind readers and their families that in the midst of our hectic and sometimes frightening world, magic, mystery, and miracles happen. And that if we look hard enough in the corners of our own lives, we, too, can find miracles.
In this new volume, the authors of the bestselling Christmas Miracles, The Magic of Christmas Miracles, Mothers' Miracles, and A Gift of Miracles share more than thirty of the most transcendent and mystical true stories they have encountered of ordinary people whose lives were transformed by wondrous events, including: "An Angel's Hand": A struck car spins wildly, sending the passenger door and seat belt flying. Yet the girl in the passenger seat is unhurt-miraculously held in place. "A Path Through the Wilderness": Fleeing to freedom, a mother and son are led safely through a mine-infested forest by a blessed nighttime apparition. "Thanks, Tad": A child receives visits from the grandfather who died years before she was born. "Matchmaker in Heaven": A mysterious red-haired woman has some surprising insights into the personal ads. "A Shaving Cream Surprise": A husband sends a tender message to his grieving widow. "Miracles come more often than we might suppose," the authors write, "and it's very likely that every family has at least one story they could tell. Each small miracle seems to come as part of a greater plan, to accomplish a thing of worth, to help change a life, in addition to offering comfort. Heavenly miracles-proof of God's love and involvement in our lives-are all around us." Let Heavenly Miracles enrich your heart, mind, and soul and remind us all that miracles do, indeed, happen.
Last holiday season, Christmas Miracles touched the hearts of thousands with its inspiring true stories of real people and their miraculous encounters. With The Magic of Christmas Miracles we have a second collection of amazing true stories of people whose lives were forever changed by small, yet wondrous, Yuletide events. Among them are: The Red Cap: Santa leaves behind a calling card to convince a doubting child. Epiphany: A walk in the woods with an angel gives a lonely woman new hope. Lost at Sea: Two racing yachtsmen put aside rivalry in a dramatic Christmas Day rescue in the Indian Ocean. Fly Away Home: A private plane carrying an unconscious pilot lands safely in an empty field. . . . and many more to brighten the spirit. The Magic of Christmas Miracles will uplift readers' hearts for this and many future holiday seasons.
The authors of Christmas Miracles deliver true stories that show just how enduring a mother's remarkable love can be.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.