- Table View
- List View
NOT A PENNY- PINCHING COOKBOOK-A "GET SMART!" COOKBOOK. No more staring helplessly at rising grocery bills or, too harried for time, shelling out twenty-five bucks for mediocre take-out. The work of two brilliant problem solvers, CHEAP FAST. GOOD! cuts through both the budget dilemma and the time dilemma with 275 recipes for great,. family-pleasing dishes, most of which take under 25 minutes to prepare and average out to cost less-and usually far less-than $2 a serving. HOME EC SIMPLIFIED. Saving money in the kitchen is as simple as one four-letter word: Cook. But cooking to save means cooking food you and your family are going to love-and cooking (and shopping) smart. In dozens of time- and moneysaving tips, techniques, strategies, and solutions, the authors show how to make the right choices again and again. THEY'LL NEVER KNOW YOU'RE THRIFTY. Pan-Fried Pork Chops with Pepper Medley Stuffed Peppers with Kielbasa Rice Zesty Chicken Sauté Bayou Stew Chili in Spud Bowls, page 68 Catfish with Pecan Crust Cinco de Mayo Skillet Quickie Cacciatore Perfect Spinach Pesto Pizza Moroccan Meatballs Over Couscous Salmon Pasta with Tomatoes and Dill EVEN WHEN IT'S TON TO S-T-R-E-T-C-H. Onion Chopped Steak with Easy Gravy Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken Thigh Fall Sausage and Cabbage Sauté Ultra-Easy Veggie Quesadillas Pasta e Fagioli My Beef and Barley Soup Ziti Mexi-Cali
WHAT'S A DESPERATION DINNER? How to feed your family well when your spouse is late, the kids are losing it, and the dog is scratching at the door. Features over 250 tempting, nutritious recipes that take brilliant advantage of convenience foods-from individual quick-frozen chicken breasts to chopped ginger in a jar-plus innovative techniques to cut time and "push" flavor. DESPERATION DINNERS PROMISE: 1. These recipes are not hard. 2. These recipes do not require expensive equipment. 3. These recipes don't lie-every one can be made in 20 minutes, start to finish. 4. Expect to be working, but only for those 20 minutes. 5. These recipes taste good.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.