- Table View
- List View
"The book is outstanding and admirable in many respects. ... is necessary reading for all kinds of readers from undergraduate students to top authorities in the field." Journal of Symbolic Logic Written by two experts in the field, this is the only comprehensive and unified treatment of the central ideas and applications of Kolmogorov complexity. The book presents a thorough treatment of the subject with a wide range of illustrative applications. Such applications include the randomness of finite objects or infinite sequences, Martin-Loef tests for randomness, information theory, computational learning theory, the complexity of algorithms, and the thermodynamics of computing. It will be ideal for advanced undergraduate students, graduate students, and researchers in computer science, mathematics, cognitive sciences, philosophy, artificial intelligence, statistics, and physics. The book is self-contained in that it contains the basic requirements from mathematics and computer science. Included are also numerous problem sets, comments, source references, and hints to solutions of problems. New topics in this edition include Omega numbers, Kolmogorov-Loveland randomness, universal learning, communication complexity, Kolmogorov's random graphs, time-limited universal distribution, Shannon information and others.
This book provides an introduction to opportunistic routing an emerging technology designed to improve the packet forwarding reliability, network capacity and energy efficiency of multihop wireless networksThis book presents a comprehensive background to the technological challenges lying behind opportunistic routing. The authors cover many fundamental research issues for this new concept, including the basic principles, performance limit and performance improvement of opportunistic routing compared to traditional routing, energy efficiency and distributed opportunistic routing protocol design, geographic opportunistic routing, opportunistic broadcasting, and security issues associated with opportunistic routing, etc. Furthermore, the authors discuss technologies such as multi-rate, multi-channel, multi-radio wireless communications, energy detection, channel measurement, etc. The book brings together all the new results on this topic in a systematic, coherent and unified presentation and provides a much needed comprehensive introduction to this topic.Key Features:Addresses opportunistic routing, an emerging technology designed to improve the packet forwarding reliability, network capacity and energy efficiency of multihop wireless networksDiscusses the technological challenges lying behind this new technology, and covers a wide range of practical implementation issuesExplores many fundamental research issues for this new concept, including the basic principles of opportunistic routing, performance limits and performance improvement, and compares them to traditional routing (e.g. energy efficiency and distributed opportunistic routing protocol design, broadcasting, and security issues)Covers technologies such as multi-rate, multi-channel, multi-radio wireless communications, energy detection, channel measurement, etc.This book provides an invaluable reference for researchers working in the field of wireless networks and wireless communications, and Wireless professionals. Graduate students will also find this book of interest.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.