- Table View
- List View
The Park Project ... Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield love parks, plants, and anything green. So when they hear about the plan to clean up an empty city lot and turn it into a public garden, they're happy to help. Then they learn that Mr. Patman, a rich businessman, wants to build a parking garage on the lot. Only one person can change Mr. Patman's mind -- his snobby son Bruce. Can Elizabeth and Jessica win Bruce over to their side? Or will Mr. Patman build a garage over the new garden?
BOO! It's almost Halloween, and identical twins Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield have two great costumes to choose from: a witch outfit and a princess dress. Both girls want to be the princess. This becomes a problem. And the result is a Halloween full of surprises!
The twins cannot resist the wonderful toy store when they are out Christmas shopping, but they are accidentally locked in for the night and when strange things start to happen, they realize they are not alone.
Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield and their brother, Steven, are visiting Wild West Town with grandparents. It's the best trip they've ever taken. On their way back to town, the meanest outlaw Wild West Town has ever seen holds up their carriage.
Family Pride ... When Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield spend Thanksgiving weekend on a Mohave reservation, they discover that not all Native Americans wear headdresses, sleep in tepees, and do rain dances. Water Lily, or Ann, as she likes to be called, certainly doesn't. She hates everything to do with Indian traditions -- especially her grandfather, Gray Eagle. Can the twins make Ann proud of her roots?
Identical twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield need to have their tonsils taken out. They've never stayed overnight in a hospital before, and they're not sure what their operation will be like. When they get to the hospital, Jessica and Elizabeth quickly forget their fears. The doctors and nurses are nice, and they explain all about the operation. Now the twins know what to expect, but they aren't prepared to meet Moe and Joe -- some very unexpected visitors!
Who's Mr. Marshall? Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are identical twins who sit side by side in their second-grade class. When their teacher is out with the flu, everyone changes seats, and the substitute teacher can't figure out who anyone is -- especially Jessica and Elizabeth! That's when the new substitute teacher arrives. Mr. Marshall is very strict, and the class is on its best behavior. Then the twins see Mr. Marshall getting into a police car. Could he be a dangerous criminal? When the class finds out who he really is, they are in for a big surprise!
7-year-old Jessica's class went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch! Everyone had fun except herself and her twin sister, Elizabeth. They thought they saw a witch! Is the Sweet Valley pumpkin patch haunted?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.