- Table View
- List View
Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd edition introduces and reviews the material in each of your veterinary technology courses. Key topics ranging from basic and clinical science, diagnostics and applications, to professional practices and issues are presented in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal whether you're a new student or you're reviewing for your certification exams. Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U. S. and Canadian certification exams. Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included. Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material. Summary tables are ideal for reference or review. Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology. Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips. State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology. Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more. Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology. Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management. Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.