- Table View
- List View
Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd edition introduces and reviews the material in each of your veterinary technology courses. Key topics ranging from basic and clinical science, diagnostics and applications, to professional practices and issues are presented in a user-friendly outline format that is ideal whether you're a new student or you're reviewing for your certification exams. Comprehensive coverage of veterinary technology spans basic and clinical sciences, applications, patient management, nursing, nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, as well as personal, practice and professional management skills - everything you need for both the U. S. and Canadian certification exams. Care of large animals, birds, reptiles and laboratory animals, in addition to cats and dogs, is included. Chapter outlines, learning outcomes and expanded glossaries help you comprehend and retain essential material. Summary tables are ideal for reference or review. Review questions at the end of each chapter, in addition to a 300-question comprehensive review exam, test and reinforce your knowledge of veterinary technology. Six appendixes ensure crucial resources are always at your fingertips. State-of-the-art Alternative Imaging Technology chapter discusses computed tomography and nuclear scintigraphy to complement ultrasound technology. Enhanced content highlights vet tech responsibilities in genetics, small animal nursing, veterinary dentistry, zoonoses, breeding/reproduction, neonatal care, and much more. Small animal nursing instruction now includes dermatology, auricular treatments and ophthalmology. Extended pharmacology coverage features pain management. Personal and practice management skills include expanded OSHA/WHMIS guidelines and ethics discussions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.