- Table View
- List View
Historical novel of the struggle for Irish independence, seen through the eyes of a young Irish partisan.
Novel about the beginning of Irish independence from England, and the subsequent civil war, seen through the eyes of a fictional journalist. Some violence.
The story of Ireland from 1950-1972 through the eyes of a young newspaper photographer, son and grandson of Irish revolutionaries.
The tale of the coming of the Irish to Ireland and of the men and women who made that emerald isle their own.
Brian Boru as a young man took it upon himself to revolutionize 10th-century Ireland, striving to create a peaceful land.
Historical fiction about Caesar's campaign in Gaul, told by a holy and revered man who was the best friend of Vercingetorix, the mighty warrior who became king of the Celts.
Somewhere in the shadowy borderland between myth and history lies the territory of Finn Mac Cool, Mightiest of the Irish heroes, leader of the invincible army of Fianna, he was a man of many faces: warrior, poet, lover, creator, destroyer.
Historical fiction about Grace O'Malley, an Irish chieftain in the late 1500's.
In Red Branch, Morgan Llywelyn burns away the mist of a hundred legends to discover the fierce and tender life of Cuchulain and the Red Branch warriors. It's among them that the tragedy of Ulster may have first begun--in the fatal beauty of Deirdre, the brutal jealousy of King Conor, and the avenging might of the king's champion, Cuchulain.
The three volumes of The Arcana tell of the desperate quest to rediscover the ancient tools of creation and restore a world that lives only in memory. The lost world at the outermost limit of human desire. Book One tells the story of Silverhand, he who was foretold, he who is destined to save the world from Chaos.
Based on the true events of 12th century Ireland, this is the story of Richard de Clare (Strongbow), the greatest of all Norman knights, and Aoife, the free-spirited but willful Irish princess who took up a sword alongside Strongbow to defend her people and her land. Historical fiction.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.