- Table View
- List View
"Enter freely and of your own will. I am Dracula, and I bid you welcome..." Dracula. Never has another name had such a profound and far-reaching impact on an entire genre. Bram Stoker's vampiric creature of the night has spawned countless versions in fiction, film, television, comics, and more...and it all started with Stoker's classic 1897 text. As part of the Writer's Digest Annotated Classics series, this edition of Dracula features hundreds of insightful annotations from Bram Stoker Award winner Mort Castle. Explore the craft and technique of Dracula through the lens of a writer, and learn why and how Stoker made the choices he did while writing one of the most iconic horror novels of all time. The techniques revealed in the annotations and accompanying study guide will aid in the crafting of your own chilling works of fiction.
The masters of horror have united to teach you the secrets of success in the scariest genre of all! In On Writing Horror, Second Edition, Stephen King, Joyce Carol Oates, Harlan Ellison, David Morrell, Jack Ketchum, and many others tell you everything you need to know to successfully write and publish horror novels and short stories. Edited by the Horror Writers Association (HWA), a worldwide organization of writers and publishing professionals dedicated to promoting dark literature, On Writing Horror includes exclusive information and guidance from 58 of the biggest names in horror writing to give you the inspiration you need to start scaring and exciting readers and editors. You'll discover comprehensive instruction such as: The art of crafting visceral violence, from Jack Ketchum Why horror classics like Dracula, The Exorcist, and Hell House are as scary as ever, from Robert Weinberg Tips for avoiding one of the biggest death knells in horror writing-predicable clichés-from Ramsey Campbell How to use character and setting to stretch the limits of credibility, from Mort Castle With On Writing Horror, you can unlock the mystery surrounding classic horror traditions, revel in the art and craft of writing horror, and find out exactly where the genre is going next. Learn from the best, and you could be the next best-selling author keeping readers up all night long.
"Ray Bradbury is without a doubt, one of this, or any century's greatest and most imaginative writers. Shadow Show, a book of truly great stories, is the perfect tribute to America's master storyteller."-Stan Lee, legendary comic book writer and former president and chairman of Marvel Comics "Great new tales of imagination in the Bradbury tradition."-Hugh Hefner, publisher and founder of Playboy Enterprises In Shadow Show, 26 acclaimed writers have come together to pay tribute to the work of the one and only Ray Bradbury with never before published stories inspired by the master. The incomparable literary artist who has given us such timeless classics as Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man, and Dandelion Wine, is being honored by some of the most notable names in the writing world-including Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Audrey Niffenegger, Margaret Atwood, Alice Hoffman, Robert McCammon, and more-with new short fiction that thrills, frightens, moves, and dazzles in the great Bradbury tradition. Edited by Sam Weller and Mort Castle, with an introduction by the man, Ray Bradbury himself, Shadow Show pays well-deserved homage to one of America's greatest, most celebrated authors.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.