- Table View
- List View
AMERICA, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY EVEN FOR A BLIND JOURNALIST FROM IRAN Throughout the world, millions of people believe if you are blind that this prevents you from traveling too far from home. Others, of course, may have these same beliefs but have just kept them to themselves. Thus begins Jalil Mortazavi's engaging and baffling experience as he tries to overcome such odd thinking. In his book, he tries to cover much of what he has learned in the hope that it will inspire, delight, and amuse his audience. Mortazavi is an Iranian-American journalist who lives in Brookline, Massachusetts. He works for the Persian-American Media Watch. He has also been associated with Persian Voice of Boston, 24-Hour Persian Radio based in California, and 24-Hour Persian TV [NI TV]. He has appeared on Imus in the Morning, and he has done some news commentary on National Public Radio's All Things Considered and on Talk of the Nation. In addition, Jalil enjoyed being a guest on a number of different television and radio talk shows WCV TV, American Radio Network in Baltimore, and radio stations WBZ, WHDH, WRKO, WROR, and WTTP. Mortazavi has also written for such publications as The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, and The Brockton Enterprise.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.