- Table View
- List View
Take care of your heart-and your waistline! Studies show that the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products, can help lower blood pressure in just fourteen days! It is also one of the smartest and healthiest ways to lose weight and curb diabetes risk-all without the use of medications. The Everything DASH Diet Cookbook contains 300 recipes-all made in 30 minutes or fewer, including: Maple Walnut Scones Ahi Tuna with Grape Tomato Salsa Philly Cheesesteaks Asparagus, Swiss, and Ricotta Frittata Pumpkin Whoopie Pies The DASH diet is not a quick-weight-loss, trendy diet. It's a new way of eating that can change your life. And the easy-to-make meals won't leave you feeling deprived-of taste or time.
If you have heart disease, you know that beating this condition involves more than just taking medication or trying to eat healthier--it entails a complete lifestyle overhaul! This guide takes a contemporary medical and holistic approach to fighting the disease, and helps you make the changes that can mean the difference between life and death. This guide includes: Information on how heart disease affects your body, and what medications, diets, and exercises effectively combat it A specific focus on preventing heart disease in young adults and adolescents Up-to-the-minute medical advice, stress-reduction techniques, and alternative therapies 150 delicious, heart-healthy recipes This book places power and control back into your hands, arming you with the knowledge and tools you need to fight back against heart disease and live a happier, healthier life.
Lowering your high cholesterol involves more than just taking medication or trying to eat more healthfully. What you need is a complete lifestyle overhaul. In The Everything Low Cholesterol Book, 2nd Edition, Dr. Murdoc Khaleghi outlines the changes that can mean the difference between life or death, including: How your cholesterol influences the likelihood of heart disease What dietary changes you can make to lower your cholesterol Why some cholesterol is actually good How your family history of cholesterol can be a contributing factor The benefits of exercising at a moderate level This updated edition includes 100 heart-healthy recipes as well as expanded information on meal planning and exercise. Dr. Khaleghi puts the power to control your cholesterol back in your hands-giving you all the tools you need to live a happy, healthier life.
Good health means making good choices every day--and with this book, you can get fit and happy, one choice at a time. With daily advice and tried-and-true tactics for every aspect of health, you'll reach your optimum level of well being--from head to toe: Monday:Go meatless on Mondays Tuesday:Do push-ups to strengthen your core Wednesday:Sign up for a foreign language class--and stimulate your brain Thursday:Incorporate interval training into your run to build endurance Friday:Take a yoga class to build flexibility Saturday:Play a game of pick-up basketball with your best buds Sunday:Take a nap on the afternoon for some much-needed Zs With this book, you'll have the advice you need to make this the year that you truly do get healthier every day in every way!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.