- Table View
- List View
This book is a biography of the former President of India, Dr. Abdul Kalam, an eminent engineer and scientist.
This book is a biography of Dhirubai Ambani who won the prestigious best industrialist of India of the 20th century award from "Business Barons" in 1999 and who started his life from a humble beginning with moderate education to achieve Himalayan victory in business world with high enterprising ability.
This book tells the success story of the Indian industrialist Dhirubai Ambani.
This book vividly narrates the success story of ‘Amul’, a popular milk product brand in India.
A biography of C.N. Annadurai, popularly called "Aringnar Anna" (means scholar elder brother in Tamil). An orator and an acclaimed writer in the Tamil language, he founded Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) to become the first non-congress Chief Minister of the South Indian State of Tamilnadu in 1967.
This book is a biography of Azim Hashim Premji who is an Indian business tycoon, philanthropist and the chairman of Wipro Limited, an enterprise which emerged as one of the Indian leaders in the software industry.
This book describes the functioning of various types of cameras which would be very useful to all people interested in photography.
This book is a biography of Charles Spencer Chaplin globally familiar as "Charlie" Chaplin who was an English comic actor, film director and composer during the silent film era.
This book tells the biography of N. R. Narayana Murthy , the Founder of Infosys Technologies Limited, (a global software consulting company) and how by simple living and great thinking he was able to tread the path of success. It records as well the role of his wife Sudha Murthy who stood by him in all his endeavor.
Mahatma Gandhi was the Father of Nation of India who followed the principle of “Ahimsa” (non-violence) throughout his life. His path of non-violence in the freedom struggle was appreciated and followed by the majority of the Indian people. This book deals with the history of the assassination case of Mahatma Gandhi who was killed while he was in the prayer meeting at Birla Mandir.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.