- Table View
- List View
Trusted information and healthy, delicious recipes to fight inflammation Low-grade inflammation is a condition inside the body, directly related to diet, that slowly wears on the body, facilitating chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Also, the latest research has detected a correlation between inflammation and conditions like severe allergies, asthma, and even cancer. Anti-Inflammation Diet For Dummies takes a preventative dietary approach to fighting inflammation by stimulating natural healing with anti-inflammatory foods and supplements. It reveals the causes of inflammation and provides a how-to prescription for eliminating it through diet changes, stress reduction, and healthy weight loss. Defines what inflammation is, how it develops, and its associated risks Outlines foods and supplements rich in natural inflammation-fighting agents 100 healthy and delicious recipes loaded with anti-inflammatory agents Anti-Inflammation For Dummies is an invaluable resource to help you make smart diet choices by avoiding problematic foods that instigate the inflammatory process, and arms you with knowledge and delicious recipes to get on the road to a healthier you.
A unique guide to decreasing symptoms of IBS through delicious food Do you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? You're not alone; it is estimated that about 35 million Americans experience the symptoms of IBS. IBS Cookbook For Dummies provides those affected by IBS with easy-to-follow, easy-to-understand recipes to create meals using foods and methods that decrease the risk of experiencing the discomfort of symptoms associated with the disorder. Inside you'll find the dietary tips and information you need to decrease your symptoms and discomfort simply by watching what you eat. You'll find more than?100 tasty recipes you can easily make at home. And since individuals with IBS often suffer from various complications-including bowel obstructions, sores and ulcers within the intestinal tract, and malnutrition or the presence of nutritional deficiencies-IBS Cookbook For Dummies provides a nutritional meal plan that will help alleviate these complications. Presents more than 70 delicious, easy-to-make recipes designed to ease the symptoms of IBS Helps you avoid "trigger" foods and choose healthier alternatives Includes tips for menu planning, including healthy meals and snacks Explains what to eat when traveling and dining out No need to suffer when you have IBS; just get this handy guide to start eating-and feeling-better!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.