High-stakes wine fraud and murder disguised as a heart attack compel Sunny McCoskey to again toss aside her chef's apron and don the role of sleuth. When the list of suspects includes her new lover, the celebrity chef at a posh Napa Valley eatery, the personal risks of her investigation rise dramatically. With the same eclectic crew of gourmet friends and sassy co-workers who helped her in Sharpshooter, Sunny proves that she has a nose for crime as well as for a good Cabernet Sauvignon.
A decadent day of poolside sunbathing turns into a scandalous night--culminating in murder. By morning, the police are pounding on Sunny McCloskey's door, and she is once again thrust into the center of a tense investigationinvolving a hedge-fund billionaire with a spectacular estate in California's Napa Valley. Steeped in good food, great wine, and plenty of summer heat, Lethal Vintage offers a fascinating look at what goes on in those mansions above the vines.
Returning from a party late one night, chef Sunny McCoskey is the first to discover the body of a murdered woman left outside a local winery, and she may even have witnessed the killer driving away.Thrust into the center of a crime that has rattled the tranquil Napa Valley, Sunny pursues her own investigation, a journey that takes her from Northern California's wine country to the insular houseboat community along the San Francisco Bay. Uncovering a tangle of secret liaisons, Sunny closes in on the murderer, who responds with one more desperate act.With Murder Alfresco, author Nadia Gordon again takes us into the heart of the food and wine culture of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and introduces us to an array of irreverent characters. As the Los Angeles Times said, "Sunny is a welcome, energetic heroine. . . . She and her pals are fun to be around."
Sunny McCoskey is the independent chef/owner of Wildside, a little cafe nestled in Napa Valley, where the food is exactly right. When the heir apparent to a major vineyard is shot dead, and Sunny's eccentric winemaker friend, Wade, is arrested for the murder, she launches her own investigation. The solution lies in the tangled personalities and politics of the wine industry, and in the threat posed to the valley by the glassy-winged sharpshooter. Set in a region renowned for its food and wine, Sharpshooter launches an entertaining mystery series featuring Sunny and an engaging cast of wine professionals, cooks, socialites-and suspects.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.