It's a spring morning on the farm. Grandma is happy the grandkids are visiting--they've picked just the right day!--and Grandpa is fixing breakfast. Suddenly his grandson reports that the cows have got loose! He thinks Big Brown Bessie just stepped on a goose! "Good gracious," Grandpa says as he pours himself a glass of milk. When his granddaughter shouts the chickens are out, Grandpa cooks up some eggs. "Pigs broke the gate." Grandpa fries bacon. Why is Grandpa so cool? Because he knows the kids are trying to play an April Fool's trick! Teresa Bateman's rollicking rhyme and Nadine Bernard Westcott's rib-tickling pictures make for riotous April Fool's Day fun. The author lives in Washington State. The illustrator lives in Massachusetts.
It's a spring morning on the farm. Grandpa is fixing breakfast for his visiting grandkids. Suddenly his grandson reports that the cows have got loose! He thinks Big Brown Bessie just stepped on a goose! But Grandpa isn't at all upset at this news- he just pours himself a glass of milk! Why is Grandpa so cool? Because he knows the kids are trying to play an April Fool's trick! And then Grandma steps in with a trick of her own.
Bouncy verses combine with fun illustrations to make the perfect handbook for pirate wannabes.
Easy language and simple explanations will help even very young children understand what it means to have diabetes. They will find some of their own experiences described and at the same time receive reassurance that they are still "regular kids."
A cute farm story about a boy who helps his mom on the farm. When mom goes out of town, the animals come down with the flu one by one. He takes care of each group of animals, moving them to the house. In the end, it is the boy who has the flu and the animals are taking care of him. There are lots of KA-CHOOOOs in this book!
Kathy has always enjoyed wearing hats. But when she turns nine, she learns that she has cancer. Kathy is scared, and she is especially angry when her chemotherapy treatments make her hair fall out. Suddenly hats aren't so much fun anymore.
Sean likes to pretend he's a lion, roaring in the jungle. But this lion starts to cough, his chest hurts, and it's hard to breathe. This lion has asthma. So Sean's mother gives him the mask to the nebulizer that will make his medicine into an easy-to-breathe mist. Now Sean imagines he's a jet pilot.
A favorite play rhyme takes on super-duper proportions as two children create a table-sized sandwich from scratch.
A favorite play rhyme takes on super-duper proportions as two children create a table-sized sandwich from scratch. "The joyfully sketched pandemonium will enliven story hours and preschool introductions with a perennially pleasing chant".
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.