Diagnosis and Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a comprehensive clinical reference work for primary care physicians, internists, general endocrinologists, obstetricians, gynecologists and students. PCOS is a common but frequently misdiagnosed disease. Many symptoms can be alleviated by early intervention and effective management. Prominent endocrinologists are gathered to detail current research and treatment in this metabolic disorder, affecting a growing population. The chapters are comprehensive, providing cutting edge knowledge on pathogenesis, manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of PCOS. Each chapter will be concise concluding with cogent practice points. The variety of medical issues presenting in PCOS patients result in late referrals or in- appropriate advice. This title will be a tool in a further understanding of the metabolic and genetic basis of PCOS, while providing management strategies.
The Only Book You Will Ever Need for Managing PCOS--Completely Revised and Updated What exactly is PCOS? What are the signs and symptoms? How is the diagnosis confirmed? What causes it? And most importantly, what can you do about it? If you've been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or suspect you have it, and you're looking for a way to manage your condition, you've come to the right place. In this newly revised edition ofLiving Well with PCOS, Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller and PCOS experts Drs. Nadir Farid and Kate Marsh address the root cause of PCOS--insulin resistance--and show you how eating a low-GI diet can help alleviate even your most troublesome symptoms, including weight gain, infertility, unsightly hair growth, irregular cycles, and fatigue. This all-new second edition features: The latest up-to-date research on PCOS and its treatment New quick-and-easy low-GI recipes Low-GI kick-start menus--with vegetarian and gluten-free options Easy-to-use tables of GI values Tips for a more active lifestyle Real-life stories from women who have used the GI to successfully combat PCOS
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.