- Table View
- List View
Diagnosis and Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a comprehensive clinical reference work for primary care physicians, internists, general endocrinologists, obstetricians, gynecologists and students. PCOS is a common but frequently misdiagnosed disease. Many symptoms can be alleviated by early intervention and effective management. Prominent endocrinologists are gathered to detail current research and treatment in this metabolic disorder, affecting a growing population. The chapters are comprehensive, providing cutting edge knowledge on pathogenesis, manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of PCOS. Each chapter will be concise concluding with cogent practice points. The variety of medical issues presenting in PCOS patients result in late referrals or in- appropriate advice. This title will be a tool in a further understanding of the metabolic and genetic basis of PCOS, while providing management strategies.
The Only Book You Will Ever Need for Managing PCOS--Completely Revised and Updated What exactly is PCOS? What are the signs and symptoms? How is the diagnosis confirmed? What causes it? And most importantly, what can you do about it? If you've been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or suspect you have it, and you're looking for a way to manage your condition, you've come to the right place. In this newly revised edition ofLiving Well with PCOS, Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller and PCOS experts Drs. Nadir Farid and Kate Marsh address the root cause of PCOS--insulin resistance--and show you how eating a low-GI diet can help alleviate even your most troublesome symptoms, including weight gain, infertility, unsightly hair growth, irregular cycles, and fatigue. This all-new second edition features: The latest up-to-date research on PCOS and its treatment New quick-and-easy low-GI recipes Low-GI kick-start menus--with vegetarian and gluten-free options Easy-to-use tables of GI values Tips for a more active lifestyle Real-life stories from women who have used the GI to successfully combat PCOS
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.