- Table View
- List View
Find the right words for the best job! It's not enough to have the talent and experience to land the right job-you have to be able to put that talent and experience into words. With just the right phrase, you can highlight your achievements in your resume, make the cover letter pitch that sets you apart from the crowd, and underscore your unique skill set in the interview that lands you the job. In1,001 Phrases You Need to Get a Job, employment gurus Nancy Schuman and Burton Jay Nadler show you how to walk the walk and talk the talk you need to win the job you want.
The Everything® College Major Test Book: 10 Tests to Help You Choose the Major that is Right for Youby Burton Jay Nadler
With nearly 40 percent of incoming college freshmen undecided on a major, and with 75 to 80 percent of all students changing their majors at least once during their college career, students are begging for a straightforward guide to help them make the best choice. With 10 tests designed to pinpoint a student's talents, aptitudes, and affinities, The Everything College Major Test Book is the only book out there that makes choosing a major easy--and fun!
In today's competitive job market, it has become more important than ever that candidates prepare a strong cover letter. A well-worded cover letter not only gets the attention of recruiters, HR personnel, and managers, it often sets one candidate apart from the others and helps ensure the all-important interview. Featuring more than 100 brand-new cover letter samples or dozens of new jobs, this all-new edition of The Everything Cover Letter Book includes all one needs to know--whether job seekers are applying online or to a traditional print classified ad.
Words matter when you're trying to get noticed, get the interview, and get the job. Staffing experts Schuman and Nadler know this. And from their experience and knowledge they show you which words and phrases open doors, impress managers, and point up your value to the company. You don't need to struggle anymore to find the expressions that best highlight your achievements; instead, you can grab attention with such smart options as:I created a program that accomplished the following . . . My work generated $5 million in revenue . . . I built a team of employees who created . . . The work I did saved my company $3 million . . . I solved the following problems for my employer . . . The market's tight, but the jobs are out there. With these essential words and phrases, you'll move your application to the top of the pile!
This easy-to-use book features more than 1,000 essential words that arm you with the vocabulary you'll need to tackle real-world tasks-from debating current events to writing essays for your college applications.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.