- Table View
- List View
Eloquence counts! Do you want to ace your SATs, write literate papers, and find the perfect language to impress would-be bosses at job interviews? Words You Should Know in High School helps you achieve the success you're looking for--one word at a time. This easy-to-use book features more than 1,000 essential words that arm you with the vocabulary you need to tackle real-world tasks--from debating current events to writing essays for your college applications. Whether you're an incoming freshman or a graduating senior, inside these engaging and enlightening pages, you'll find sections that help you: Understand commonly misused words Learn popular definitions used in standardized tests Recognize the difference between synonyms and antonyms Perfect spelling and grammar usage Choose the right word for every special course and circumstance Written in a spunky style that's never boring, this handy book is your ticket to a new well-spoken you--willing and able to find the right words for every situation, at school, at work, and everywhere else!
This easy-to-use book features more than 1,000 essential words that arm you with the vocabulary you'll need to tackle real-world tasks-from debating current events to writing essays for your college applications.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.