- Table View
- List View
This is a great manual on how to make your marriage work. The authors postulate some common problems and their solutions. The book is filled with questionaires to help you assess your current position and exercises to help you and your spouse do a better job in your marriage.
El doctor Gottman ha revolucionado la concepción de la pareja tras realizar una investigación científica sin precedentes: durante varios años ha estudiado los hábitos de los matrimonios en su «laboratorio del amor» y ha obtenido un éxito del 91% en sus predicciones sobre el futuro de las parejas. Este libro es la culminación de su trabajo, que se resume en siete reglas de oro para recuperar o fortalecer una pareja en crisis. Estas reglas enseñan, mediante ejercicios y cuestionamientos, nuevas y sorprendentes técnicas para el buen funcionamiento de la pareja, prestando especial atención a los pequeños momentos cotidianos que constituyen el alma de cualquier relación.
IN THIS WISE, ACCESSIBLE, AND LONG-AWAITED BOOK, celebrated research psychologist and couples counselor John Gottman plumbs the mysteries of love: Where does it come from? Why does some love last, and why does some fade? Gottman has spent decades observing the conversational patterns and biorhythms of thousands and thousands of couples in his famous "Love Lab." Now he applies this research to fundamental questions about trust and betrayal. Doubts are common in relationships. Partners often worry. Can I trust my partner? Am I being betrayed? How do I know for sure? Based on laboratory findings, this book shows readers how to identify signs, behaviors, and attitudes that indicate betrayal--whether sexual or not--and provides strategies for repairing what may seem lost or broken. With a gift for translating complex scientific ideas into insightful and practical advice, Gottman explains how a couple can protect or recover their greatest gift--their love for one another.g the potential for one or both partners to stray. What Makes Love Last? shows couples how to bolster their trust level and avoid what Dr. Gottman calls the "Roach Motel for Lovers." He describes how the outcome of--"sliding door moments," small pivotal points between a couple, can lead either to more emotional connection or to discontent. He suggests a new approach to handling adultery and reveals the varied and unexpected non-sexual ways that couples often betray each other. What Makes Love Last? guides couples through an empirically tested, trust-building program that will let them repair and maintain a long-term, intimate, and romantic relationship.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.