- Table View
- List View
How much trouble can a burp get you into? A lot, if the burp is a magic one that makes you do wild and crazy stuff. It's Field Day for the fourth-graders at Edith B. Sugarman Elementary School, and George is determined to be on his best behavior, especially since a job as sportscaster for the new school TV station is hanging in the balance. But the magic burps--and one super-smelly skunk--are just as determined to foul up everything!
The Reverend Stephen Babbington seldom imbibes, but at a gala thrown by actor Sir Charles Cartwright, he indulges in a cocktail and falls over dead. Since there is no trace of poison or foul play, the case is closed.
As long-awaited fourth grade starts, Katie is overwhelmed when the magic wind causes her to switch twice--first into a new classmate and then into Mr. Starkey, the school band leader.
Just before Halloween, the magic wind helps fourth-grader Katie see the truth about a "witch" who lives in a supposedly haunted house.
In his continuing - but mainly disastrous - efforts to be an upstanding, responsible ten-year-old, George Brown decides it's time to earn some money. (There's also an expensive remote-controlled toy that he's been coveting.) But no matter what he tries - whether it's working at his mother's craft shop, opening a lemonade stand, or setting up a backyard circus for neighborhood kids - the magic burps erupt at exactly the wrong times and wreak havoc on George's entrepreneurial plans.
Fourth-grader Katie forgets to read the new book of her favorite author, Nellie Farrow, who comes to class for a discussion, but when Katie turns into Nellie, the presentation seems doomed! Includes a recipe for S'More Bananas.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.