- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the Cancer Survivor's Soul: 101 Stories of Courage and Inspiration from Those Who Have Survived Cancerby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Aubery Nancy Mitchell
More than 100 cancer survivors share their personal stories in this touching new collection of Chicken Soup. These heartwarming accounts of courageous people who found the power to battle cancer in their endless hope, unwavering faith and steadfast determination will inspire you to adopt a positive attitude, discover your faith and cherish every moment. Just what the doctor ordered for healing your body, mind and soul.
From the Book Jacket: "What an awesome celebration of God's love for each of his children! Read Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul anytime, but especially when you need a heavenly hug." Joan Wester Anderson author, Where Angels Walk and Where Wonders Prevail "'God created man/" someone once suggested, 'because he liked stories.' When Jesus spoke, he spoke most often in parables. This collection continues the tradition of faithful people telling stories of their experience of God met in the routine of life. I laughed and cried as I read them. In story after story I recognized the thread of divinity woven into the fabric of life. A treasure for Christians who love to hear and tell stories." Michael Lindvall author, The Good News from North Haven "Your walk with Christ will be enhanced every single day as you open the pages of this spirit-filled book." Glenna Salsbury professional speaker, author, The Art of the Fresh Start
Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul: 101 Stories to Inspire and Warm the Hearts of Soon-to-Be Mothersby Mark Victor Hansen Patty Aubery Nancy Mitchell Jack L. Canfield
Stories to inspire and encourage mothers-to-be.
For younger sisters who look up to an older one, older siblings who tolerate a younger sister tagging along, or the brother who knows full well that girls can wrestle as well as any boy can, this book celebrates the sisters in our lives.
Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul: 101 Stories of Courage and Inspiration from Those Who Have Survived Cancerby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Patty Aubery Nancy Mitchell
The pain of cancer touches many people in various ways. It afflicts the young and the old, the rich and the poor; it does not discriminate. What this book can reveal to you is not only how to deal with cancer but how to deal with all of life's difficulties and make life a more meaningful experience.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.