- Table View
- List View
The darkness can be scary. But nobody needs to be afraid of the dark. That's the encouraging message inGo Away, Dark Night,the newest children's book by Liz Curtis Higgs (author of the best-selling Parable series:The Pumpkin Patch Parable, The Parable of the Lily, The Sunflower Parable,andThe Pine Tree Parable). Go Away, Dark Nightis the story of a young boy named Griffin who is afraid of the dark. Every night when he turns out the lights, his room turns as black as a starless sky. Griffin tries to be brave, but his toes curl up and his hands grow cold and his heart beats fast and his legs turn to jelly. If only someone could help him! Is there anybody big enough to keep him safe? Can anyone take away the shakes and the shivers and the quivers? Parents and children alike will find out what Griffin learns in this heart-warming modern children's classic, carefully crafted to help young children place their trust in the Lord. From the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.