- Table View
- List View
An epic odyssey to the far reaches of passion, the wilds of love, loyalty and war; a story of two princes, a woman and the dark presence that would haunt them all.
Gray, a young girl struggling to recover from her own deep wounds, becomes involved with Chav, a mysterious and intriguing new boy in her class, who claims that he and his two younger siblings are searching for their father, the King of the Gypsies.
A new series featuring Sherlock Holmes' much-younger sister Enola begins. When her mother disappears, Enola is determined to find her and sets out to the heart of London. There Enola becomes involved in the kidnapping of a young marquess.
This short story collection shows Springer at her best. Lyrical passages, good story telling and a sense of wonder all make these tales many of which are set in a forest, a pleasure to read.
A young boy with a crippling disease learns, through a horseback riding program, to overcome his own anxieties and to help others in dealing with their own problems.
When Buffy, a middle-aged divorcee, encounters a talking frog and ignores all the fairy tales, her rebellious daughter Emily kisses the frog, turning him into a handsome prince, and soon Buffy finds herself in the land of Fair Peril to retrieve her daughter.
In her later works, Nancy Springer began to write fantasies set in our own time. Her early work is lyrical and full of mythic symbolism. Characters who change from human to animal, goddesses who can be as selfish and capricious as any human, and a story of love and loyalty. This is what this short work offers.
When Mordred learns the identity of his father, he struggles with feelings of hatred, but also fights the fate that determines that he kill the good and gracious king.
Once there was a girl named Morgan, a girl of magic! She saw her father killed and her mother stolen by a king named Pendragon. But the king was not long to live, and now -- with an entire country at war and no one to claim the throne -- there are many who want this girl dead. And out of the way. But this girl of magic is powerful. She is about to change the course of history. She is about to become Morgan le Fay. Here is the much-anticipated companion to Nancy Springer's award-winning "I am Mordred". Read it and take a glimpse into the dark beginnings of Camelot.
Lionel is seven feet of pure coward. Banished by his warrior father for refusing to learn to fight, Lionel found refuge in the woods of Sherwood Forest, where he joined the misfit band of teens led by Rowan Hood, daughter of Robin. Now, a year later, his father has been taken prisoner by Robin Hood, and Lionel is determined to make peace. But when "Lionclaw" spots his son among outlaws, he vows revenge. Suddenly Sherwood is crawling with danger and Lionel wants nothing more than to turn and run. But when a couple of bounty hunters capture Rowan and use her as bait, the lion in Lionel is awakened, along with the courage to stand up to his father.
Something white moved, floating like the mist, and the Arabian stood there on the old mine road. White as an angel in the dark woods he stood, beneath the gray-green hemlocks, swan white against the black gravel of the road, so white he made Rhiannon's heart ache. And the proud lift of his head as he saw her, the flash of dark eyes and the flex of his fine neck, made her breath catch in her throat. She was so stunned when she saw him there that she didn't know what to do. Her bike hurtled toward him, and in the next instant he was gone like a wild bird. She caught a glimpse of long mane and flying tail, and then there was only the soft drumming of hooves somewhere beneath the trees. Then silence.
Rosemary has nowhere to go when her beloved mother dies. She has never met her father -- the outlaw Robin Hood -- and she's grown up among the woodland creatures her mother loved. So she decides to change her name to Rowan, disguise herself as a boy, and undertake a perilous journey through Sherwood Forest, in search of Robin Hood. But how will she find him? And will he offer her a home? This tale is a charmer, filled with exciting action, plenty of humor, engaging characters, and a nice fantasy twist.
A story of magic, mystery, and love about a prince of honor and goodness who finds his destiny and saves his kingdom from the perils of evil
A girl who has spent most of her life moving around the country with her father and brother, filling the emptiness inside her with chocolate, remembers her real name, Sherica, and searches the Internet to learn about her mother and her own past.
Tuff's father is gone and his mother can barely care for her pack of children in their riverside trailer. Dillon is the only person Tuff can rely on. Then Tuff's life is shattered when his older brother is senselessly murdered. When he leaves home in search of Dillon's killer his mother yells out a name -- Penrose Leppo -- Tuff's father. Tuff finds a haven at Pen Leppo's little shack of a store. As he desperately attempts to figure out who killed his brother, Tuff finds an ally in Pen -- and most important, a friend who makes him realize that solving the murder won't bring Dillon back.
Three short science fiction and fantasy novel, As Big as the Ritz by Gregory Benford, Fugue State by John M. Ford, and Chance by Nancy Springer
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.