- Table View
- List View
Dalamar Argent, the elf, is only a servant in the house of an elvish lord, not worthy of the High Art of Sorcery. As war simmers on the borders of Silvanesti, Dalamar will find a way to become a wizard. His quest will take him along dark paths toward an awesome destiny.
In the borderland between the kingdom of the elves and the land of the dwarves, outlaws seize an elf princess. Sustained by faith in her husband and her god, she waits patiently for the rescue that is sure to come. But waiting is a dangerous game--one that can cause a princess and an outlaw to look beyond themselves. To dare to trust the enemy. In a place where suspicions run high and bloody battles are the order of the day, trust can be the most dangerous game of all.
In the embattled kingdom of Qualinesti, Dark Knights harass the common folk, and the once-proud Elven Senate moves at the will of the green dragon Beryl. Even the elf king walks a tightrope between serving the needs of his people and keeping the dragon's knights peaceful. Out of these mired politics a mysterious heroine arises, a Kagonesti woman of the forest glades and rocky eastern reaches. She and her loyal band of resistance fighters swiftly become the terror of the Dark Knights. Known to friend and foe as The Lioness, she is the champion of the people who have been bled by the dragon's taxes and ground under the steel-shod boots of the hostile knights. She is Kerianseray, the king's own outlaw, his secret lover, and his secret weapon.
Dezra and Usha Majere are in Haven when dark knights takes control of the city and they are forced to stay much longer than planned because the conquering force closes the gates. This forces the women to act in two different ways: Dezra joins an underground society trying to help people leave Haven and Usha settles down as a painter to earn her own living and because of this, she meets up with one of the city's leading men, both in regards to power and money. But even though the two paths seems very distant from each other, it turns out that they are very close indeed and suddenly, danger lurks everywhere and nobody knows who to trust.
Deep in the cavern kingdom of Thorbardin, the powerful Stormblade is secretly crafted by an elderly dwarf-master. A Kingsword, it is intended to break the deadlock among the ruling council of Thanes. When Stormblade is stolen and turns up years later, a series of exciting and deadly events are set in motion Only a heroic dwarf knows the magic of Stormblade, and he sets out to recover the weapon, amidst a land rife with war and treachery...
A journey into peril. Crysania, high priestess of the Temple of Paladine, is blind to the beauty of the world but not to the joy of her faith. Lately, though, her communion with the god of light has become distant. Now a mysterious stone has come into her possession. Its power compels her to undertake a perilous quest, accompanied by a strange band of companions. Together they endure the burning heat of Krynn's most violent summer as they struggle toward their destination: the Temple at Neraka. If they reach it, their world will be transformed forever. This novel, set in the time of the Chaos War, brings to life the story of Crysania, a Revered Daughter of Paladine, and Dalamar, the dark elf.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.