- Table View
- List View
This book, written by one of the most well-known and contervercial coaches in gymnastics history, follows Bela Karolyi from his boyhood in a remote part of the Former Soviet Union to his Olympic glory with stars such as Nadia Comeneci and Mary-Lou Retton. He, along with his wife Marta, have created a gymnastics dynasty that is remarkable.
I honestly don't know what battles I'm going to face next, only that I have the spirit and the will to face anything and fight for my sport and for what I believe is right. I'll give 110 percent and still dig down deeper for more. Apolo Anton Ohno won both a gold and a silver medal at the 2002 Olympic Games and became an instant hero. But his Olympic victory represents just one moment of his incredible, and continuing journey.From an early age, his father, Yuki, recognized Apolo's natural abilities and made it his mission to help his son live up to his potential. But getting Apolo to follow through on his opportunities wasn't always easy. Like many kids, Apolo struggled to balance his energetic and fiercely competitive nature with his desire for independence and freedom. And even as he succeeded on the ice, he felt the loneliness that comes with being at the top. Amid the pain, the fear, the uncertainty, Apolo asked himself again and again, Why am I doing this? And the answer came to him: He truly loved to skate. So with laser-sharp focus he pursued his number-one goal: to become a great athlete.From his personal struggles to his unwavering commitment and ambition, Apolo Anton Ohno is a true example of courage. He has battled his personal demons, toppled physical barriers, and clawed his way to the top -- but even now he does not rest. Always, he looks within himself to hear his strongest critic, to face his fiercest competitor. And always, he continues to strive to be the best -- not just for his team, not just for his country -- but also for himself. And that is what makes Apolo Anton Ohno a true champion. This is his story.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.