- Table View
- List View
New York's FinestWhat was a nice-guy cop to do when his motorcycle was hijacked by a blond bombshell fleeing a church in a wedding gown? Rescue her, of course. Particularly when the reluctant bride was none other than gum-cracking, down-home Dixie Davis, all-American sexpot!Runaway BrideThanks to Patrick Flynn, Dixie had escaped marrying a notorious gangster. Straitlaced Yankees weren't usually her type, but Dixie had a powerful hankerin' for her impromptu bodyguard. And sooner or later, Flynn was bound to take notice of the body he was guarding!
Opposites Attract 100% PURE COWBOY? Ever since calendar publisher Carly Cortazzo had laid eyes on handsome Hank Fowler's photograph, she'd been dreaming about this rugged cowboy. So she finally headed out to the Black Hills of South Dakota to meet him. This tall, lean, mysterious rancher was even better in person. And after spending one-too-many nights held safely in his strong arms, Carly knew she'd found the man of her dreams.... Problem was, Hank wasn't quite who she thought he was. Unexpectedly, he'd fallen hard for the pretty, trusting romantic. But once he told her the truth, how could he convince her he was still the cowboy she wanted...forever? Can these opposites attract?
Nora, Libby and Emma Blackbird help a friend who's accused of murdering the tycoon owner of a tacky sports bar, and also deal with their own life crises.
From the Publisher Nora Blackbird, society columnist and down-and-almost-out former debutante, reclaims her place within Philadelphia's elite when she stumbles upon the murdered body of a millionaire art collector.
THE SCOOP OF THE CENTURY.. ... and tabloid reporter Catty Sinclair was hot on the trail! She was looking for a living legend, but all she found was a gruff recluse on a secluded island. Naturally, Catty couldn't help wanting to know more - what was this gorgeous man doing all alone... in the middle of nowhere? Seth Bernstein was in hiding to protect a secret - and Catty's inquisitive nature put them both in danger. She had a way of drawing things out of him - even feelings he'd thought long gone. And before he knew it he'd fallen in love with the one woman who had the power to destroy him ... or set him free.
Joe Santori, Tyler's resident contractor, is loud, cocky and filled with a zest for living. So what on earth is he doing pursuing Susannah Atkins, the workaholic Milwaukee TV personality who's home for the holidays? THE ODDS ARE AGAINST IT-OR ARE THEY? Susannah's certainly convinced they have nothing in common. But her Granny Rose has other ideas. She wants Susannah back in Tyler permanently-with Joe. And what Granny Rose wants, she usually gets.
Just when I thought my life couldn't get any more chaotic, I'm proved wrong. My new dog, Spike, is a tiny terror. My demented sister Libby is dealing with the effects of recent childbirth by trying to locate the "goddess within" (whatever that is) . . . and my tough-guy boyfriend is gallivanting through Scotland on a fishing trip--or is he? Oh, and one of Philadelphia's rich and infamous was just found brutally murdered. With all this going on, who has time to write for the society pages? When Rush Strawcutter, the husband of a wealthy dog food heiress, is found bludgeoned to death in a horse stall at an exclusive hunt club, Nora Blackbird is as surprised as anyone. Her surprise turns to shock when her sister Emma is discovered nearby, unconscious and badly bruised. Worse still, the evidence points toward a devious blackmail scheme--with Emma as the main suspect. Investigating with the help of friend and foe alike, Nora inadvertently uncovers the scandalous secrets of some of Philadelphia's high and mightiest . . . and attracts the unwanted attention of the real killer.
When lively, brash Liza Baron arrives home unexpectedly, she moves into the old family lodge-where silent, mysterious Cliff Forrester has been living in seclusion for years.... WHERE THE FUTURE IS ABOUT TO COLLIDE WITH THE PAST When a body is uncovered on the lodge grounds, the community begins to piece together the truth about Tyler's first family, and a secret hidden for forty years threatens to tear the town apart....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.