- Table View
- List View
Dalamar Argent, the elf, is only a servant in the house of an elvish lord, not worthy of the High Art of Sorcery. As war simmers on the borders of Silvanesti, Dalamar will find a way to become a wizard. His quest will take him along dark paths toward an awesome destiny.
In the borderland between the kingdom of the elves and the land of the dwarves, outlaws seize an elf princess. Sustained by faith in her husband and her god, she waits patiently for the rescue that is sure to come. But waiting is a dangerous game--one that can cause a princess and an outlaw to look beyond themselves. To dare to trust the enemy. In a place where suspicions run high and bloody battles are the order of the day, trust can be the most dangerous game of all.
In the embattled kingdom of Qualinesti, Dark Knights harass the common folk, and the once-proud Elven Senate moves at the will of the green dragon Beryl. Even the elf king walks a tightrope between serving the needs of his people and keeping the dragon's knights peaceful. Out of these mired politics a mysterious heroine arises, a Kagonesti woman of the forest glades and rocky eastern reaches. She and her loyal band of resistance fighters swiftly become the terror of the Dark Knights. Known to friend and foe as The Lioness, she is the champion of the people who have been bled by the dragon's taxes and ground under the steel-shod boots of the hostile knights. She is Kerianseray, the king's own outlaw, his secret lover, and his secret weapon.
Dezra and Usha Majere are in Haven when dark knights takes control of the city and they are forced to stay much longer than planned because the conquering force closes the gates. This forces the women to act in two different ways: Dezra joins an underground society trying to help people leave Haven and Usha settles down as a painter to earn her own living and because of this, she meets up with one of the city's leading men, both in regards to power and money. But even though the two paths seems very distant from each other, it turns out that they are very close indeed and suddenly, danger lurks everywhere and nobody knows who to trust.
Deep in the cavern kingdom of Thorbardin, the powerful Stormblade is secretly crafted by an elderly dwarf-master. A Kingsword, it is intended to break the deadlock among the ruling council of Thanes. When Stormblade is stolen and turns up years later, a series of exciting and deadly events are set in motion Only a heroic dwarf knows the magic of Stormblade, and he sets out to recover the weapon, amidst a land rife with war and treachery...
A journey into peril. Crysania, high priestess of the Temple of Paladine, is blind to the beauty of the world but not to the joy of her faith. Lately, though, her communion with the god of light has become distant. Now a mysterious stone has come into her possession. Its power compels her to undertake a perilous quest, accompanied by a strange band of companions. Together they endure the burning heat of Krynn's most violent summer as they struggle toward their destination: the Temple at Neraka. If they reach it, their world will be transformed forever. This novel, set in the time of the Chaos War, brings to life the story of Crysania, a Revered Daughter of Paladine, and Dalamar, the dark elf.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.