- Table View
- List View
Focusing on the electronic media--television, radio, and the Internet--Audience Economics bridges a substantial gap in the literature by providing an integrated framework for understanding the various businesses involved in generating and selling audiences to advertisers. Examining the relationship between the four principal actors in the audience marketplace--advertisers, media firms, consumers, and audience measurement firms--Napoli explains the ways in which they interact with and mutually depend on each other. He also analyzes recent developments, such as the introduction of local people meters by Nielsen Media Research and the establishment and evolution of audience measurement systems for the Internet.
It?s been two years since fifteen-year-old Roberto was kidnapped and forced to work in a German labor camp. After finally escaping, he?s made his way back to Italy. Roberto is desperate to return to the safety of his family, but how can he turn his back on the war while so many people are suffering? Roberto joins the resistance movement, and smuggles guns and secret information to rebel fighters. Every mission takes him closer to home, but every mission is even more dangerous than the last. Will Roberto survive and make his way home? .
Sly (aka Sylvia) is now famous around the neighborhood for her creative problem-solving. In fact, this time around she has a few too many clients. But with her customary keen eye and clever observations, Sly solves three new cases, each with a culinary theme. And as usual, there are plenty of funny, zany moments to keep kids chuckling. Cooked up by the combined talents of best-selling author Donna Jo Napoli and her son, Robert Furrow, and illustrator Heather Maione, this charming and witty chapter book will have young mystery readers asking for another helping!
Hers is the most famous portrait in the world. Here, in prose as rich as the high Renaissance, is Mona Lisa?s tale?a story of passion, loss, and, above all, love. Elisabetta longs for romance, though she thinks she?s too plain. Then, on a visit to Florence, she catches the eye of the great Leonardo da Vinci, and falls for a boy, Giuliano de? Medici. It?s a dangerous time to be?or to be involved with?a Medici. As tragedy and chaos threaten their happiness, Elisabetta faces the bittersweet truth of love. .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.