- Table View
- List View
"Tell me how a person judges his or her self-esteem," says pioneering psychologist Nathaniel Branden, "and I will tell you how that person operates at work, in love, in sex, in parenting, in every important aspect of existence--and how high he or she is likely to rise. The reputation you have with yourself--your self-esteem--is the single most important factor for a fulfilling life."How to grow in self-confidence and self-respect.How to nurture self-esteem in children.How to break free of guilt and fear of others' disapproval.How to honor the self--the ethics of rational self-interest.From the Paperback edition.
Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. The difference between low self-esteem and high self-esteem is the difference between passivity and action, between failure and success. Now, one of America's foremost psychologists and a pioneer in self-esteem development offers a step-by-step guide to strengthening your sense of self-worth. Here are simple, straightforward and effective techniques that will dramatically improve the way you think and feel about yourself. You'll learn: How to break free of negative self-concepts and self-defeating behavior. How to dissolve internal barriers to success in work and love. How to overcome anxiety, depression, guilt and anger. How to conquer the fear of intimacy and success. How to find -- and keep -- the courage to love yourself. And much more.From the Paperback edition.
The Psychology of Self-Esteem: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Understanding that Launched a New Era in Modern Psychologyby Nathaniel Branden
Self-esteem or self-evaluation determines the way we tackle every aspect of our lives. "Positive self-esteem operates, in effect, as the immune system of consciousness, providing resistance, strength, and a capacity for regeneration." (Nathaniel Branden)
In this penetrating and provocative book, Dr Nathaniel Branden demonstrates the importance of self-esteem in our quest for psychological health, personal achievement, and positive relationships. Six action-based practices for daily living, simple but powerful exercises for increasing personal awareness and effectiveness. It explores the importance of self-esteem in the workplace, parenting, education, psychotherapy and society. Immense in scope and vision, filled with brilliant insights into human nature, this is the ultimate work on the psychology of self-esteem.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.