- Table View
- List View
1,000 Indian Recipes enables home cooks to recreate the authentic flavors of India in their own kitchens. Complete with guidelines for finding ingredients, this book provides recipes for vegetarian and nonvegetarian entrees, seasoning blends, chutneys, rice dishes, breads, desserts, and much more. The author presents information on Indian spices and basic ingredients, such as paneer cheese and pickles, as well as instructions for preparing ingredients ahead of time. There are recipes for such enticing dishes as Cilantro-Lime Chutney, Spicy Spinach Curry, Garlicky Shrimp Rice with Coconut Milk, Chicken Tikka Masala, Fresh Fruit in Rose-Flavored Cream, Layered Green Chile Parantha Breads, Mango Milkshakes, and many more.
Delve into the fascinating flavors and variety of Indian cuisine with this unrivaled recipe collectionYou'll discover delicious choices for dishes that make Indian food unforgettable: crispy fritters; tangy pickles; chaat snacks and salads; refreshing yogurt raitas; richly flavored curries; comforting legume (dal) dishes; creative vegetable and meat main courses and side dishes; decadent desserts; and exotic drinks.To guide your cooking, Neelam Batra provides time-and labor-saving methods, ingredient substitutions, and menu suggestions, and addresses modern health concerns without sacrificing flavor. This is a book Indian food lovers--and health-conscious eaters and vegetarians, too--can turn to for everyday meals and special occasions for years to come!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.