- Table View
- List View
Everybody remembers their first kisses, their first loves--and their first break-ups. In this collection, Simone and London spin two realistic tales about teen couples who discover that not every love story gets a happy ending.
She's got a voice like an R'n'B diva, attitude to burn and is the body-rockin', hip fashion-sporting girl everyone in her high school wants to be - or be with. But in real life 16-year-old Elite has a crack-addict mother, no father in sight and is secretly raising her sister and two brothers on her own. Now a radio contest has put her up close and personal with mega-hot singer Haneef and their chemistry is too hot for Elite to keep pretending. As the clock ticks down fast for this hood Cinderella, she has one shot to save her family and make all of her dreams come true.
Four wealthy and glamorous California teens deal with boyfriend troubles, parent drama, addiction, and more.
In the successful tradition of Dafina's Drama High comes a fresh, hip novel following urban teens as they struggle to balance family, school and relationships in the hood. With a bootylicious body and a face that would put any model to shame, Toi McKnight had all the cuties coming her way - but popularity came at a price, and now Toi is the 17-year-old mother of a baby boy.
Gem is disappointed to be staying at yet another new foster home. At first she just wants to run away, but soon she finds a best friend, caring family members, and romance. Simone's raw, authentic style resonates with readers and reflects the reality of teen life. In this work, she incorporates characters from her most popular titles into one fast-paced, edgy teen tale.
Seven McKnight has always felt she was the biggest and most developed girl at home, at school and in her all-girl crew. She rarely hangs out with her friends, who are all Beyonce-fly and pick up all the boys. Then her friend's boyfriend Josiah, a gorgeous senior who just happens to be on the school basketball team, asks her to be his maths tutor. And when a rumour gets started that Seven's stolen Josiah from her mate, the drama really kicks off. . .
17-year-old Zsa-Zsa Fields is the body rockin', name droppin' and top model poppin' girl that all the haters love to hate and everyone else tries to imitate. But she has a secret: the love of her life, Ameen Jones, is a handful of trouble and their relationship is out of control. After a tragic event lands her in hospital, Zsa Zsa finally breaks up with Ameen. But there's more drama around the corner when things heat up between her and her best friend, Malachi; especially when she finds out that she's not the only one who wants him.
What's a girl to do when love has her caught up?That's the plight of eighteen-year-old Seven McKnight. Her freshman year at Stiles University turned out to be a tug of war for her heart and her sophomore year promised more of the same. Just when she'd sworn off her ex-boyfriend, Josiah Whitaker, and thought she'd never love him again, he boldly stepped back into her life, with no regard that she'd moved on with Zaire St. James, her new boyfriend. Caught off guard and thrust into a whirlwind of emotion, Seven no longer knows if she should stay or go. . . All she knows is that old feelings won't die, her new love is being ruined by lies, and the fairy tale she once dreamed of may never become her true story. Praise for Ni-Ni Simone"Smart and cutting, full of clever comebacks. " --Kirkus on No Boyz Allowed"This is creative, innovative, and important storytelling for today's urban teen readership. " --Library Journal on Teenage Love Affair
17-year-old Seven McKnight isn't a high-schooler anymore. Now she's got full diva status and is attending Stiles University, where Josiah Whitaker, the University's hottest basketball player, is sending her into a tailspin. With groupies threatening her basketball wife status and Josiah's dreams of the NBA blowing up his ego, Seven finds herself wondering whether to stay or leave. In steps the gorgeous Zaire St. James, who's been waiting for his chance. With Josiah doing his own thing, Seven finds herself falling for Zaire, but will Josiah give up that easily?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.