- Table View
- List View
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) affects millions of people across the world. COPD is not only a major burden to patients but is also costly and results in billions of dollars of direct and indirect costs annually. In recent years and with advancement of science, the understanding of COPD has improved significantly. Fortunately, current management guidelines consider COPD a preventable and treatable condition, and recent studies clearly indicate that available pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions may improve various clinical outcomes. COPD: A Guide to Diagnosis and Clinical Management offers an exciting, evidence-based assessment of the field and will be of significant interest to clinicians who care for patients with COPD, including primary care providers and specialists. Comprehensive and state-of-the-art, this title is authored by experts who took the task of developing a resource that focuses on the essential issues in caring for patients with COPD. The first four chapters of the book cover major points about the systemic nature of COPD, the clinical and physiological assessments, and the outcome measures and prognostic markers. In the following section, various pharmacologic and non-pharmacological management strategies are reviewed based on the available evidence. The final sections outline the non-pulmonary effects of COPD and their management. COPD: A Guide to Diagnosis and Clinical Management is a vital, evidence-based text that will prove invaluable for all clinicians who care for patients with this debilitating disorder.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.