- Table View
- List View
The Ancestral Continuum guides readers on an illuminating journey toward an understanding of how much our lives today are affected by the choices and life experiences of our ancestors. This groundbreaking book does for the subject of ancestor acknowledgement what The Secret did to explain the universal Law of Attraction to a wide audience.The book combines first-person stories with practical, psychological, and spiritual advice, exercises, rituals, and meditations to help readers connect with their ancestors in a new and profound way. Drawing on many stories, traditions, anecdotes, and philosophies, this book describes the many ways in which our relationship with our ancestors continues beyond death. We learn how, if we remember and honor them in our daily lives, we can re-discover a rich source of gifts, communications, wisdom, and magical synchronicity. As our relationship with them deepens, so too does our understanding our own gifts and talents--our genius--and how to bring them into the world.
Each of us, no matter who we are, has ancestors. Although we may not even know their names, we will have an affinity with those in our family history who were once as real as us - through a spirit of independence, a creative talent, or a deep connection to a special place. By remembering those who have gone before, we can step into our true power and realise our highest potential. There is a massive interest worldwide in people tracing their roots. But researching into our forebears' lives often unearths surprising or turbulent histories. The past 250 years has seen more change and upheaval than at any other point in history, and almost everyone alive now will have ancestors whose lives were touched by war or slavery. The Ancestral Continuum is an extraordinary investigation into the spiritual and emotional legacies we inherit at our birth. Reading it takes us on a personal journey to explore their our family trees, enabling us to see ourselves as just one strand in a never-ending tapestry of history and emotion. It is a powerful and revolutionary blueprint for transforming how we feel about ourselves.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.