- Table View
- List View
The most influential words and phrases of 2013! Every day, hundreds of new words join our vocabulary, whether they're scientific creations, cultural terms, or politically and historically charged additions. With Words You Should Know 2013, you will not only be able to keep up with the changing language, but also discover how these important concepts will impact your life in 2013. This book reveals the origins, usage, and influence of 201 brand-new expressions, including: Gaia mission: a European Space Association project that will map out the galaxy Cash mob: a spinoff of a flash mob, this group of shoppers descends upon an establishment with the idea that they will all spend a collectively agreed-upon sum in order to stimulate the local economy Babymoon: a short vacation an expecting couple takes to savor the simplicity of life before children SkyVue: aiming to be the world's third-largest Ferris Wheel in the world, this 500-foot ride will be the newest addition to the Vegas skyline in 2013 From cyberespionage and gendercide to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and aerostats, Words You Should Know 2013 presents you with words and phrases that will define your way of life this year.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.