- Table View
- List View
After being humiliated by her fiancee, Sophie Franklyn has decided that getting involved with work colleagues and men in general isn't for her. Now her focus is going to be on her career and her recent promotion. That is until at a New Year's Eve masquerade ball, she meets a man that tempts her to question her choices.Alex Scavoni is extremely dedicated to his job, so dedicated that his first marriage crumbled under the pressure of his dedication. Now he's happily single, with a new job he's excited to start. When he meets a masked Sophie at the ball, she fires desires in him he thought long dead. He spends a wonderful night with her, but wakes up alone.The next time the two meet, it's in the high pressure world of Emergency Room medicine where they must work side by side. While they deal with the stresses of the Emergency ward, they endeavor to keep their feelings for each other on a professional nature. When the desire that pushed them together that one night flares to life again, can they ignore them or will their one night together have consequences neither of them planned on?
He helps save lives, now he wants to save hers.Dawn Granger has loved and lost and it's a road she's not prepared to travel again - that is until her past turns up and has her questioning her resolve.Andrew Holmes has sailed the globe numerous times, but when he almost loses his life, he decides he needs to give something back, so he returns home and trains as a paramedic. When he runs into his former sweetheart he is surprised to find an attraction he thought dead come to life. When he sees Dawn's sadness, he knows he will do anything to make her smile again.Dawn tries to resist Andrew but their past pulls at her in ways she thought long dead. Can she trust a man who ran out on her once before? Can she risk putting her heart on the line again? Or will it all be taken from her again?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.