- Table View
- List View
"After graduating from college, Jemma returns to the one place in the world she never thought she'd see again--her hometown of Derring, Virginia. She can't stay away any longer when she realizes her best friend from high school is getting married. Returning home also means seeing Davis again. He broke her heart in high school and she's not sure she's over it yet. She's been thinking about him a lot since she turned down a marriage proposal from her college boyfriend. However, she has a new life now and Davis is a part of the past she's determined to put behind her. Davis knows Jemma can do better than him and he wants her to. So even though his heart nearly stops when he sees Jemma for the first time in six years, he's determined not to get attached to her again for her sake. Trying to ignore what he feels for her isn't his only problem. His two brothers may want to sell the house their dad left all three of them. His brothers abandoned him to their abusive father and now he's sure they only want to come back into his life to take the house away from him. Neither Jemma nor Davis want to fall in love with each other again, albeit for different reasons. However, it's hard for them to fight the forceful attraction that hasn't disappeared over the years. If anything, it's grown stronger."
Whitney Jones's first priority is making partner at DC mega-law firm Gibson and Grey. She feels guilty for not seeing her family as much as she should, but she always made it home to River Run, Virginia, to spend Christmas with her mom, stepfather, and the rest of her large family. This is how she quite literally runs into Chace on Christmas night as she's rushing toward the 7-11 to buy a very last minute Christmas gift. Chace Murphy thinks he's hit rock bottom when his girlfriend dumps him on Christmas Eve for a man old enough to be his grandfather. However, the worst day of his life turns out to be not so bad when he takes Whitney off guard outside of the 7-11. He bumps into her while he's trying to drown his sorrows that night. She's gorgeous, but after the way they meet, he worries that she'll think he's just a bumbling wino. He doesn't think he'll ever see Whitney again until a chain of events leads to him going back to DC with her after Christmas. The closer Whitney gets to Chace, the more trouble she has figur- ing out what's really important to her. Chace makes Whitney chal- lenge her most basic assumptions about her life. When Whitney's chances of making partner are endangered, she is shocked to real- ize that there may be something more important to her than money and power--something as simple as Chace's embrace.
When Denise Rich shares her evidence book with John Archer, she makes her first in a long series of mis- takes that might lead to the destruction of her carefully created life. She doesnt want confusion or a relation- ship or her silly high school crush on John. All of those things are too complicated for a second year law stu- dent just trying to live a successful life free of the pain love brings. John isnt looking to fall in love, either. Hes already got the girlfriend hes supposed to have and everybody wants him to have everybody but him- self, that is. Both of them are living unfulfilled lives glossed over with a veneer of fake smiles and forced happiness. But once they realize they can no longer deny their attraction to each other, the smiles and hap- piness become sincere. Until Johns vengeful now ex- girlfriend starts her campaign to ruin Denises life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.