- Table View
- List View
If you're a woman over thirty-five, you probably have a lot of stress in your life-maybe even more than you realize. You're also likely low on energy, gaining weight, and not sleeping as well as you once did. The fact is: Your body is changing. A renowned physician and pioneer in women's heart health, Dr. Nieca Goldberg knows what you're going through. In this welcome book you'll find * the normal physical changes you can expect to experience at age thirty-five and after * treatments for over- and underactive thyroids and other hormone issues * the signs, symptoms, and management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes * facts on fertility, contraceptives, pregnancy, and menopause * information on good breast health, including preventive breast-cancer measures * a comprehensive heart-to-heart about your cardiovascular system * dealing with GERD, stomach ulcers, gallstones, IBS, IBD, and colon cancer * strategies for keeping bones strong, fending off arthritis, and coping with foot and back pain * the importance of diagnosing sleep apnea and saying good night to insomnia * revelations about the mind-body connection-countering stress and relieving depression * the ins and outs of medical exams-what to ask, and when to change doctors With warmth and encouragement, Dr. Nieca Goldberg gives you the solid information you need on the path to great health.
One out of every two women will die of heart disease. It is the single greatest health risk for women today--more than stroke and all cancers combined. In the course of her practice, and as chief of Women's Cardiac Care at New York's Lenox Hill Hospital, Dr. Nieca Goldberg has come to a startling realization: Women experience heart disease in a fundamentally different way than men do. The physiology of a woman's heart attack is not the same as a man's, the symptoms of heart disease and signs of impending heart attack differ for women, and once heart disease has been recognized, women often do not get the treatment and medications they require. Now here are detailed, age-specific programs that give women the facts and the guidance they need to recognize, treat, and prevent heart disease, including * how you can rate your risk of heart disease * the effects of menopause on your heart * risk factors you can change-starting today * a heart-healthy exercise plan that works for you * a complete guide to heart-healthy supplements * the truth about hormone replacement therapy and the heart * recovering from a heart attack or surgery. Authoritative, caring, and up-to-the-minute, this is the women's health book for the new millennium.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.