- Table View
- List View
If you're a woman over thirty-five, you probably have a lot of stress in your life-maybe even more than you realize. You're also likely low on energy, gaining weight, and not sleeping as well as you once did. The fact is: Your body is changing. A renowned physician and pioneer in women's heart health, Dr. Nieca Goldberg knows what you're going through. In this welcome book you'll find * the normal physical changes you can expect to experience at age thirty-five and after * treatments for over- and underactive thyroids and other hormone issues * the signs, symptoms, and management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes * facts on fertility, contraceptives, pregnancy, and menopause * information on good breast health, including preventive breast-cancer measures * a comprehensive heart-to-heart about your cardiovascular system * dealing with GERD, stomach ulcers, gallstones, IBS, IBD, and colon cancer * strategies for keeping bones strong, fending off arthritis, and coping with foot and back pain * the importance of diagnosing sleep apnea and saying good night to insomnia * revelations about the mind-body connection-countering stress and relieving depression * the ins and outs of medical exams-what to ask, and when to change doctors With warmth and encouragement, Dr. Nieca Goldberg gives you the solid information you need on the path to great health.
One out of every two women will die of heart disease. It is the single greatest health risk for women today--more than stroke and all cancers combined. In the course of her practice, and as chief of Women's Cardiac Care at New York's Lenox Hill Hospital, Dr. Nieca Goldberg has come to a startling realization: Women experience heart disease in a fundamentally different way than men do. The physiology of a woman's heart attack is not the same as a man's, the symptoms of heart disease and signs of impending heart attack differ for women, and once heart disease has been recognized, women often do not get the treatment and medications they require. Now here are detailed, age-specific programs that give women the facts and the guidance they need to recognize, treat, and prevent heart disease, including * how you can rate your risk of heart disease * the effects of menopause on your heart * risk factors you can change-starting today * a heart-healthy exercise plan that works for you * a complete guide to heart-healthy supplements * the truth about hormone replacement therapy and the heart * recovering from a heart attack or surgery. Authoritative, caring, and up-to-the-minute, this is the women's health book for the new millennium.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.