The groundbreaking documentary (accompanying this book), introduced by Arthur C. Clarke, has been shown in over 50 countries around the world. Twenty five years ago it brought the subject of fractals to the attention of the general public for the first time. The contributors to the film are joined in this comprehensive survey of fractal theory and practice by some other leading experts in the field. - Beautifully and copiously illustrated, this latest edition also comes with an e-copy of the groundbreaking TV documentary - Brings fractal geometry up to date by gathering the thoughts and enthusiasms of the foremost writers and researchers in the field - A new chapter from Benoît Mandelbrot, the mathematician and founder of fractal geometry, makes this a 'must-read' for anyone with an interest in fractal theory - Includes contributions from world leaders including Sir Arthur C Clarke, Michael Barnsley, and Ian Stewart
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.