- Table View
- List View
With the landmark publication of the Handbook of Asian American Psychology, professionals, students, and researchers now have a handy reference on topics that are germane to the understanding of Asian Americans. In recent years, the Asian American population has seen an explosion not only in size but also in diversity. As a result, the research and literature has reflected this explosion with a mass of new material presented in various journals on different Asian American subgroups. However, much of these research articles focus too narrowly on one subgroup, on disparate topics, and are published in varied disciplinary journals. Until now, there hasnÆt been a single-volume resource that integrates descriptions and evaluations of current research on all ethnic subgroups of Asian Americans. The Handbook of Asian American Psychology stands alone as the most comprehensive handbook on Asian Americans. A select group of prominent scholars and clinicians focus on a wide range of topics, including: + Racism + Family violence + Addictive behaviors + Interracial marriage + Academic achievement and performance + Interpersonal relations + Career development + Mental health services and treatment This bold new handbook provides insights into the diverse and varied nature of Asian American cultures and communication and makes a distinguished contribution to the body of knowledge on Asian Americans. It will be highly valued by professionals, students, and academics in ethnic studies, psychology, clinical and counseling psychology, social welfare, developmental psychology, gender studies, family studies, nursing, gerontology, research methods, and interpersonal communication
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.