- Table View
- List View
With an innovative approach that uses projects and student exploration as key learning tools, Engineering Design: An Introduction offers an overview of the basic engineering principles and concepts that shape today's modern world. These concepts are presented in a flexible, two-part format. Part I describes the process of engineering and technology product design, while Part II develops specific skill sets needed to understand and participate in the process. Opportunities to experiment and learn abound, with projects ranging from technical drawing to designing electrical systems and more. With this emphasis on project-based learning, the book is an ideal supplement to Project Lead the Way's innovative series of project-based curricula designed to increase student interest in engineering careers. Engineering Design's broad scope and sound coverage of the essential concepts and techniques used in engineering design making it the perfect addition to any curriculum.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.