- Table View
- List View
Five authors are slotted for publication on a publisher's coveted fall list, but there will be only one bestseller. A hilarious look at the publishing world.
There's something magical about Billy Nolan. It's not just that the Brooklyn bar owner is wickedly handsome; it is also that any woman he dates and dumps - and he dumps them all - immediately goes on to marry the next man she meets. But Kate Jameson is immune to his charms. She left Brooklyn for upward-mobility in Manhattan at the first chance she got, and she's not about to fall for some cad from the old neighborhood. But when her best friend Bina's engagement is broken off, Kate hatches a plan: all she has to do is get Billy to date and dump Bina. Then they'll wait for Bina's wayward fiance to return for the magic to happen. But the one thing Kate hasn't counted on is how Billy feels about the whole plot - and how she begins to feel about Billy. She may have changed her style, but her roots are showing.
A national bestseller with close to one million copies in print, The First Wives Club was hailed for its "deliciously icy message--revenge is a dish best served cold" (Los Angeles Times). Now it's a major fall release from Paramount starring three of the most talented and popular actresses working today--Bette Middler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn. Three first wives who have all been jilted by their husbands and replaced with younger versions band together to take revenge on the men who wronged them.
This, the ultimate Hollywood scandal tale, brings to life three very different women--unknowns, overnight stars. Each has a secret which could destroy them.
Meet Jennifer - a smart, sexy woman who has made good in a man's world. A major player on The Street, Jennifer agrees to take the fall when her boss is caught playing fast and loose with the SEC. After all, her fiance is a lawyer with the connections to get her off. Instead, Jennifer ends up in Jennings Correctional Facility for Women, a world a whole lot tougher than Wall Street. Inside she meets a lively group of smart, tough women: crew leader Movita, crazy Cher, blindly optimistic Theresa, and the adorable Suki. While Jennifer waits in vain for the rescue that her fiance has promised, Movita makes her an offer she can't refuse.
. . . leaves all decisions up to us, including whether we wish to make any at all. It is up to us whether we wish to make any application to our life from a fairy tale, or simply enjoy the fantastic events it tells about. Our enjoyment is what induces us to respond in our own good time to hidden meanings as they may relate to our life experience and present state of personal development.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.