- Table View
- List View
It has been a long, hard winter, and the Gypsies are glad to be leaving Lord Levin's mountains for the sunny plains of Lord Kaybale's lands. But that means time is running out for Heart. The old stories say that Castle Avamir is higher than the clouds, deep in a valley, under the stars, and over the moon. It makes no sense -- but if Heart can't solve the riddle, she might never find a safe haven for her beloved unicorns.
In the beautiful armor Joseph Lequire has created for Moonsilver, no one can tell he is a unicorn. It's safe for Heart to travel to Bidenfast, where she hopes to find her Gypsy friends. But the streets are jammed with people in town for the crowning of the new Lord Irmaedith, and the young lord himself takes a special interest in the unicorns. Will Heart be able to keep her secret?
Abandoned . . . again! Waggit misses the team of dogs who live in Central Park--his real family. He should have listened to them and never trusted the human. Now she's brought him to a faraway place and left him there. But Waggit is determined to find his way back home and nothing is going to stop him . . . not chains, not cruel enemies, not anything. When Waggit comes face-to-face with a very unusual human and an unlikely ally, he must decide if he can trust his instincts and his heart one more time. The long journey may lead him to the park, but what if it isn't home anymore? In this sequel to Waggit's Tale, Peter Howe continues the exciting story of a young dog who finds what he needs to survive in the most unexpected places.
A family is forever. Ever since he was abandoned as a puppy, Waggit's home has been the big, sprawling park in the heart of the city. There he has had snug shelter, food, and a family of other dogs to call his own. But now everything has changed. It is getting harder and harder to avoid the humans that invade the park every day. Food is scarce and enemies are everywhere. Where can the team go? Waggit has an answer, but getting there is the problem. Can the team survive the journey? Does Waggit have what it takes to lead them when new challenges strike? And who is the mysterious Gray One he unexpectedly meets? Peter Howe's tale of an abandoned puppy's search for home comes full circle in this new book in the series as Waggit finds that strength comes from within-and that home is anywhere family is.
He is nameless. He is homeless. He is lost. Until he is found . . . by a team of mutts who shelter him and teach him how to survive the wilds of the city park. And so he becomes Waggit, the best hunter and tracker in the pack. But life in the park is dangerous and uncertain. In winter, food and warmth are scarce. Another team of wild dogs is a constant menace. And there is always the fear of capture by park rangers. Waggit can't help feeling that something is missing . . . something warm and cozy . . . and human. Then one day everything changes and Waggit must face a new threat and a new choice. Peter Howe's tale of an abandoned puppy's search for home is an exciting mix of humor, adventure, and suspense. Most of all, it is a story of how love can turn strangers into family.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.