- Table View
- List View
It has been a long, hard winter, and the Gypsies are glad to be leaving Lord Levin's mountains for the sunny plains of Lord Kaybale's lands. But that means time is running out for Heart. The old stories say that Castle Avamir is higher than the clouds, deep in a valley, under the stars, and over the moon. It makes no sense -- but if Heart can't solve the riddle, she might never find a safe haven for her beloved unicorns.
In the beautiful armor Joseph Lequire has created for Moonsilver, no one can tell he is a unicorn. It's safe for Heart to travel to Bidenfast, where she hopes to find her Gypsy friends. But the streets are jammed with people in town for the crowning of the new Lord Irmaedith, and the young lord himself takes a special interest in the unicorns. Will Heart be able to keep her secret?
Abandoned . . . again! Waggit misses the team of dogs who live in Central Park--his real family. He should have listened to them and never trusted the human. Now she's brought him to a faraway place and left him there. But Waggit is determined to find his way back home and nothing is going to stop him . . . not chains, not cruel enemies, not anything. When Waggit comes face-to-face with a very unusual human and an unlikely ally, he must decide if he can trust his instincts and his heart one more time. The long journey may lead him to the park, but what if it isn't home anymore? In this sequel to Waggit's Tale, Peter Howe continues the exciting story of a young dog who finds what he needs to survive in the most unexpected places.
A family is forever. Ever since he was abandoned as a puppy, Waggit's home has been the big, sprawling park in the heart of the city. There he has had snug shelter, food, and a family of other dogs to call his own. But now everything has changed. It is getting harder and harder to avoid the humans that invade the park every day. Food is scarce and enemies are everywhere. Where can the team go? Waggit has an answer, but getting there is the problem. Can the team survive the journey? Does Waggit have what it takes to lead them when new challenges strike? And who is the mysterious Gray One he unexpectedly meets? Peter Howe's tale of an abandoned puppy's search for home comes full circle in this new book in the series as Waggit finds that strength comes from within-and that home is anywhere family is.
He is nameless. He is homeless. He is lost. Until he is found . . . by a team of mutts who shelter him and teach him how to survive the wilds of the city park. And so he becomes Waggit, the best hunter and tracker in the pack. But life in the park is dangerous and uncertain. In winter, food and warmth are scarce. Another team of wild dogs is a constant menace. And there is always the fear of capture by park rangers. Waggit can't help feeling that something is missing . . . something warm and cozy . . . and human. Then one day everything changes and Waggit must face a new threat and a new choice. Peter Howe's tale of an abandoned puppy's search for home is an exciting mix of humor, adventure, and suspense. Most of all, it is a story of how love can turn strangers into family.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.