- Table View
- List View
Now in its third edition, this text provides the background knowledge primary teachers need to plan effective programmes of work and answer children's questions with confidence. The new edition links explanations of scientific concepts with children's everyday experiences to help teachers and trainees foresee how they will present the subject knowledge to their pupils. Shaped by the National Curriculum, this text explains key scientific theories and concepts which pupils at primary level, including very able children, need in order to understand the observations and investigations they undertake. A CD Rom of 200 science investigations for young students is included with the new edition, allowing teachers to explore the practical application of topics covered in the book. This is an essential book for teachers, student teachers and anyone interested in the roots and growth of science education.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.