- Table View
- List View
Ortho-Bionomy is based on the premise that the body inherently knows how to heal and self-correct, given the opportunity. This user-friendly self-help guide by one of the pioneers of the approach presents positions, postures, and movements designed to release tension and ease pain. Not only are the techniques simple to perform, but they can be done on one's own, without the use of special equipment. Positions for each part of the body are clearly described in lay terms and illustrated with photos and drawings. Selected topics include low back, hip and knee pain, neck, shoulder, and rib releases, repetitive strain injuries, and arthritic pain in the hands. Quick fixes for sciatica, suggestions for dealing with menstrual cramps, and gentle movement exercises to address posture, scoliosis, and flexibility of the spine are just a few among 150 techniques described. The book also includes simple movements and exercises to increase ease, function, strength, and flexibility once the pain has subsided. Rounded out with human-interest stories and client examples, this accessible work can be used quickly and effectively by anyonewith pain.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.