- Table View
- List View
Prepare For The Most Extreme Adventure of AllHow's this for a challenge: With a teammate you've just met, skydive from a plane, kayak a river of Class IV rapids (no life jackets allowed), and then climb the sheer face of a canyon wall. Keep that up for thirty years or so with your teammate, and you get just a hint of life's most extreme adventure-marriage! From the adrenaline rush of the honeymoon through the obstacles of growing old together, success and enjoyment in marriage depend on your ability to learn new skills, take big risks, endure tough times, and embrace the extreme life-giving power of a lasting marriage.Extreme Marriage looks at the ultimate commitment between a man and a woman through the exciting lens of extreme sports. Author Terry Owens explores outdoor challenges like skydiving, caving, high-altitude climbing, and more, linking their lessons to the challenges of married life. Forget the old saying about "marrying and settling down." This book is the high energy guide for the intense adventure of husband and wife.From the Hardcover edition.
A Playbook for the Greatest Team Sport Ever Played. This could be the team's breakout year. A new coach. A new system. And a couple of impact players that could take the team deep into the playoffs--even the Super Bowl. The potential is there, but will the team come together? Will they bounce back if they lose a couple of early games? Are they tough enough to play through the injuries and still perform at the championship level? Every NFL team that's serious about winning a title has to answer those questions. And so does every husband-and-wife team that's serious about a Super Bowl Marriage. Super Bowl Marriage tells the stories of some of the NFL's most dramatic games, toughest players, and creative coaches-then skillfully links their lessons to life's greatest team sport--marriage. Test your knowledge of the Super Bowl-era and learn how Bill Walsh, John Elway, Brian Urlacher, and others can help your marriage team win the championship game. From the honeymoon training camp through the fourth quarter final drive of growing old together, you and your spouse need to keep your game day focus. Success in marriage will depend on your ability to give it all for the team, do what the coaches say, and play through the pain. You two can hoist the trophy as winners in a life-long, loving relationship. Finally, a marriage playbook for the intense and exhilarating team sport of being husband and wife! Marriage can be as thrilling, demanding, and complex as any high stakes football game. Its potential for unparalleled satisfaction and joy is matched only by its potential for incredible pain and disillusionment. On the gridiron of life, where the consequences for fumbling can be disastrous, marriage is risky. You can stand on the sidelines, hoping things work out with your spouse, or rise to the challenge and know the thrill of a Super Bowl Marriage.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.