- Table View
- List View
Figuring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own is hard! Here is help from someone who's been there. Like many girls, Daphne Oz struggled with her weight as a teenager and couldn't stick with the extreme restrictions of fad diets. She was able to seize control over her health and her weight only when she recognized the golden opportunity offered by the transition to college life. With the help of her father and grandfather, both cardiac surgeons, and her grandmother, a nutritional adviser, she figured out a whole new approach to managing her weight. How well did it work? You be the judge: In her first semester of college, she not only skipped the proverbial Freshman 15--she lost 10 pounds and became healthier than she had ever been. Now the secrets of her success are available to you. The Dorm Room Diet will keep you looking good, feeling great, and staying fit! Daphne's 8-step program shows you how to: stop eating out of emotional need navigate the most common danger zones at school for unhealthy eating get the exercise you need, even in your small dorm room choose vitamins and supplements wisely relax and rejuvenate amid the stress of college life The Dorm Room Diet will empower you to use your new found independence to create a healthy lifestyle while you're in college--and for the rest of your life.
Oz--a co-host on the hit daytime talk show "The Chew," bestselling author of "The Dorm Room Diet," and Dr. Mehmet Oz's daughter--offers simple, practical advice on living the best life right now.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.