- Table View
- List View
From American ants to zebras with zithers, kids will love exploring the alphabet in this classically creative P. D. Eastman alphabet book.
When Baby Bird hatches from his egg, his mother is off looking for food. What's a bird to do? Go find his mother, of course! So begins Baby Bird's hilarious, and at times very touching, hunt for his mother. Children will love this deluxe cloth edition of P. D. Eastman's all-time favorite. Soft and snuggly pages, complete with an adorable plush baby bird, let children interact with each wonderful character our little hero meets as he asks again and again, "Are you my mother?" [This text is listed as an example that meets Common Core Standards in English language arts for K-1 at http://www.corestandards.org.]
Illus. in full color. Mr. and Mrs. Bird's search for a "better" nest leads them to some peculiar spots. "Funny. "--School Library Journal.
A condensed, board-book version of the P. D. Eastman canine classicBig Dog . . . Little Dog,staring Fred and Ted mutts who are opposite in every way, but best friends nevertheless.
When a strange egg appears in their nest, Mr. and Mrs. Bird kindly take it upon themselves to raise the "baby bird" inside. But when the egg hatches, the Birds are in for a big surprise--"Junior" is the oddest-looking baby bird they've ever seen--with big, longjawsfull of teeth and an appetite to match. In fact, he looks more like a babyalligatorthan a baby bird! Nevertheless, the devoted Birds run themselves ragged feeding Junior until he gets so big, he must leave the nest or it will collapse underneath him. But how can Junior fly without wings? To the delight of the Birds--and readers!--the dilemma is solved when Junior takes off from a branch overlooking a pond.
Fred and Ted--beloved canine stars of P. D. Eastman's Big Dog . . . Little Dog--are back in an all-new Beginner Book written and illustrated by P. D.'s son, Peter Eastman! In this story Fred and Ted go camping, and as usual, their uniquely different approaches to doing things (such as packing equipment, setting up camp, and fishing techniques) have humorous--and sometimes surprising--results. A charming introduction to opposites that beginner readers will find ruff to put down!
Fred and Ted--beloved canine stars of P. D. Eastman's Big Dog . . . Little Dog and son Peter Eastman's Fred and Ted Go Camping--take flight on a new adventure: piloting planes to a tropical island! There the good friends enjoy the beach, each in his own style. But will the dogs' tale be ruined by the rising tide? It's a close-call for Fred and Ted in this charming introduction to opposites!
Whether by foot, boat, car, or unicycle, P. D. Eastman's lovable dogs demonstrate the many ways one can travel. The new text emphasizes the concept element of the original while maintaining its rhythm and charm.
Illus. in full color. Trans. by Pilar de Cuenca & Inés Alvares. "The presence of the English text beneath the Spanish makes it especially helpful in the primary-grade bilingual classroom."--Booklist.
Illustrated in color. The story of an incredible twosome that "provides interest, suspense and word repetition. Illustrations excellent. Recommended." --(starred) School Library Journal.
From the book: Snow! Snow! Come out in the snow. Snow! Snow! Just look at the snow! Come out! Come out! Come out in the snow. ... Picture descriptions add to the enjoyment of this book.
Now the classic Beginner Book is available in Spanish! Written for beginning readers using only 75 different words, it features red dogs, blue dogs, big dogs, little dogs--all kinds of wonderful P. D. Eastman dogs--riding bicycles, scooters, skiis, and roller skates and driving all sorts of vehicles on their way to a big dog party held on top of a tree!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.