- Table View
- List View
The Greeks had a word for it. And so did the Romans. The Greek and Roman civilization have left us a rich legacy of language which remains embedded in every day speaking and writing. As a result, you can increase your vocabulary very easily without the agonizing memorization of word lists.
A practical and comprehensive communication textbook with a hands-on communication project in every chapter!
"You see the references everywhere. Look at great artwork like the Venus de Milo. Or classic literature such as James Joyce's Ulysses. Then think about our language, which is filled with words like typhoon and panic. You can even see them in ads for FTD Florist and Atlas moving company. What do all these things, from art to ads, have in common? They're based on Greek and Roman classic myths. We call something classic when it is so well loved that it is saved and passed down to new generations. Classics have been around for a long time, but they're not dusty or out of date. That's because they are brought back to life by each new person who sees and enjoys them."
Writing With Power has chapters that will answer students questions and lay the foundation for the writing instruction and activities presented in future chapters.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.