- Table View
- List View
The Greeks had a word for it. And so did the Romans. The Greek and Roman civilization have left us a rich legacy of language which remains embedded in every day speaking and writing. As a result, you can increase your vocabulary very easily without the agonizing memorization of word lists.
A practical and comprehensive communication textbook with a hands-on communication project in every chapter!
"You see the references everywhere. Look at great artwork like the Venus de Milo. Or classic literature such as James Joyce's Ulysses. Then think about our language, which is filled with words like typhoon and panic. You can even see them in ads for FTD Florist and Atlas moving company. What do all these things, from art to ads, have in common? They're based on Greek and Roman classic myths. We call something classic when it is so well loved that it is saved and passed down to new generations. Classics have been around for a long time, but they're not dusty or out of date. That's because they are brought back to life by each new person who sees and enjoys them."
Writing With Power has chapters that will answer students questions and lay the foundation for the writing instruction and activities presented in future chapters.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.