- Table View
- List View
Choose your fate--and multiple endings--as you quest for medieval gold in this custom-made adventure.One of the most popular book formats of the 1980s and 1990s is back and better than ever in the form of U-Ventures, updated versions of the classic Choose Your Own AdventureTM tales that put readers in the driver's seat. Also available from the iTunes Store in app form, these exciting explorations provide a firsthand sense of involvement where action is always just a page-turn away. In The Forbidden Castle, The Cave of Time has brought you back to medieval England. Can you solve the riddle of the Forbidden Castle? Riches await, but the king wants the fortune for himself--and his army is right behind you. Will you be able to get away? Or should you stay for the gold? In the U-Ventures series, you decide how the story ends. And the more choices you make, the more endings there can be!
Children's comments about this book are: "I like Choose Your Own Adventure books because they're full of surprises. I can't wait to read more." --Cary Romanos, age 12 "Makes you think thoroughly before making a decision." Hassan Stevenson, age 11
Turn the pages, turn back time--and turn your fate.U-Ventures puts readers right in the driver's seat! Also available from the iTunes Store in app form, these exciting explorations provide a firsthand sense of involvement where action is always just a page-turn away.In Return to the Cave of Time, you should understand that there are some strange things about time--and you're about to learn what they are. Walk into the Cave of Time and don't turn back. Keep going. Yes, it's dark and your hands feel clammy. The passageway you're in may only be half an inch wider than you are. But keep going. You are about to see the beginning of time, the end of time...and some wild times in between. There's no telling what can happen to you, but here's hoping you'll know what to do when the time is right....
Turn the pages of this sci-fi adventure and decide your fate! One of the most popular book formats of the 1980s and 1990s is back and better than ever in the form of U-ventures, updated versions of the classic Choose Your Own Adventure tales that put readers in the driver's seat. Also available from the iTunes Store in app form, these exciting explorations provide a firsthand sense of involvement where action is always just a page-turn away.In Through the Black Hole, you're in command of the most advanced spaceship in the galaxy on the wildest mission in history--trying to make it through a black hole. Why? Because beyond the black hole may lie a whole new universe. Some scientists say it can't be done. They say you'll be compressed into nothingness by tremendous gravity. They say that there are no other universes where humans could survive. They may be right. But what if they're wrong?
Millionaire Harlowe Thrombey hired you to find out who was out to get him. But before you even got started, someone laced his bedtime brandy with arsenic. Now you have a murder case on your hands! The suspects include his wife Jane, his nephew Chartwell, and his niece Angela--all heirs to his enormous fortune. How do you solve this mystery? If you search for clues in the pantry, turn to page 31. If you follow up on a tip from the gardener, turn to page 48. If you question one of the guests at Thrombeys last meal--the mysterious Dr. Robert Lipscomb--turn to page 28. The outcome of the story depends on the choices you make. Only you can find out who killed Harlowe Thrombey. All the suspects seem innocent. But you know that at least one of them is guilty. In fact, you'll have to do some fast thinking ifyou want to catch the murderer--before the murderer catches you! CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.