- Table View
- List View
Many people dream of escaping the clutches of corporate America and running a business of their own. While these would-be entrepreneurs often have terrific ideas, they don't have a clue about where to start, especially when it comes to complying with state requirements and plowing through the paperwork. This book can help. User-friendly and loaded with tips, The Small Business Start-Up Kit helps aspiring entrepreneurs launch a business quickly, easily and with confidence. The book explains, in plain English, how to: choose from among the basic types of business organizations -- sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), write an effective business plan, file the right forms in the right place; be prepared for, and file, the required taxes; acquire good bookkeeping and accounting habits. The Start-Up Kit also includes all the forms and instructions readers need both as tear-outs and on a cross platform CD-ROM.
Many people dream of starting a business, but fear that without an MBA they'll get lost in the maze of government red tape. Here's the handbook they need. Step-by-step, The Small Business Start-Up Kit for California outlines how to set up a business in the Golden State quickly and easily, pointing out the hurdles, fees and forms along the way. In language that is clear, readable and straight to the point, the book explains how to: choose the best business structure, write an effective business plan, file the right forms in the right place, be prepared for, and file, the required taxes, acquire good bookkeeping and accounting habits. This completely revamped and updated book provides the latest rules and regulations, all the required forms and an expanded discussion of running a business on the Internet. Includes a sample partnership agreement; county, state and tax forms, and instructions to filling them out.
Start a nonprofit and keep it running with this practical guide Rescue a school library. Preserve an endangered species. Support the arts. Whatever it is you want to do to give back to your community, Starting & Building a Nonprofit provides the kick start you need. Filled with user-friendly information, practical advice and step-by-step instructions, this book is your guide through the process of getting a nonprofit up and running. Learn how to: -pick the perfect name for your organization -structure a nonprofit to achieve your goals -choose and obtain a federal tax-exempt status -create a mission statement -develop a strategic plan and initial budget -launch a successful fundraising plan -recruit and manage board members and volunteers -hire and train staff -obtain necessary insurance -market your organization -create a winning website -keep your nonprofit running Starting & Building a Nonprofit goes beyond paperwork -- it addresses the big picture, showing you how to create a solvent, efficient organization that will make a real difference. And the newly revised edition has an updated chapter on building a website for your nonprofit, and updated forms and checklists to help you stay organized. Are you a California resident? Check out How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.