- Table View
- List View
Have you ever told yourself that bingeing after 10 p. m. doesn't really count? You're not alone. Good intentions and logic fly out the window when you're hungry. Now, from the front lines of dieting hell, here are true stories to get you over dieting hurdles large and small. Funny, encouraging, and motivating, this book satisfies the dieter's appetite for distraction until they've reached their weight goal. Misery loves company and sometimes the only advice we'll take is from someone who has already stood in our shoes. Whether it is about giving up smoking, trying to lose weight, or having in-laws move in for a month, the Staying Sane series provides readers with just this kind of been-there, done-that commiseration. Each Staying Sane volume is filled with sometimes humorous (laughter is the best medicine, after all!), sometimes inspiring but always sanity-saving success stories of how other people have overcome obstacles or have risen above the situations in question. Practical tips and coping strategies lighten the reader's load throughout. Bibliotherapy of the first order, the Staying Sane guides will support beleaguered readers as they strive to persevere through the duration of their particular challenge.
They took away hormone replacement therapy and now hot flashes are back with a vengeance. What's a menopausal gal to do? If you're tired of fanning yourself in meetings or in line at the grocery store, cool your heels and take pleasure in these stories that provide inspiration and humor from those who have gone to the front lines of the battle--and survived. Here's how other savvy, sexy women have tamed the mid-life demons and stayed lean, even keeled, and in charge of "the change"!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.